If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Hendon.
The Best Things
- Sense of community.
- It is near to central london and great live music, all you need to do is hop on the train
- The Northern line.
- How you can walk around and feel safe at silly o'clock at night, the 113 bus route, the sense of community when you live in the area, Kiplings Indian Restaurant,
- Brent Cross Shopping Centre;P
- Best Suburb in London
- Church end and Sunny Fields park with it's panoramic views of Middlesex, on a sunny day it's lovely and you can spot Harrow on the Hill and the fields of south Hertfordshire in the distance. As well as the less picturesque M1.
- Easy to get to/away from by car (M1, A1, A41, A406), bus, tube or train. Thameslink is good, the Northern line is quite a bit better than it was and the buses are quite cheap (£1 gets you to the west end). Brent Cross Shopping Centre is handy for alot of stuff and there are alot of supermarkets in the area - so, if you like shopping...
- Useful place to stay - Backpackers in Queen's Rd. by Hendon Central Station. Basic but cheap.
- Good Transport links
Near Brent Cross Shopping Centre
Lots of Chemists incase you suddenly fall ill.
Hendon Park (it's crap, but atleast it's a park)
- Brent Cross Shopping Centre... the fountain gets turned into a stage at Christmas, Easter, etc. It's great. All sorts of entertainment is put on.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, mark mackay, Evie, Anna, Hasit Hirani, Jeffrey Maynard, Peter Tims, Finn, J, mark mackay(mad), Lily Lars, Hugh Morrison, Juls, Ben Samuel, Paul Sharpe, generic, larstrex, brian ford, tracey hutton, Nicola
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hendon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hendon Knowhere Board