Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Hendon.
- Loads of good Jewish eateries about, especially in Brent Street - try Mr Baker and Lahore Pakistani place. Great but pricey Chinese in Mill Hill called The Good Earth. The best kebabs are to be found at Topkapi kebab house opposite the BP garage just off Brent Street.
- Flame is popular with people after a night out at three in the morning, but that by no means means it is any good ... it is plain dirty ... but cheap and friendly!!!!!!
- Taboon, Golders Green - Pizza, borekas, Pita, felafel, and salads. Bad service.
- The Sitar on Brent St is the best indian restaurant ever!
- Kiplings - THE best Indian restaurant/take away in the area. Food to die for! Based in Finchley Lane opposite the Sainsburys petrol station
- I don't know when was that L'Artista msg published but I think I should make a few updates. They serve food daily till 11pm but close at midnite. So u can still have a coffee and dessert. They won't serve alcohol unless you order food as well. Most staff is friendly and do LOOK like Italians:), but some of the friendliness is not everyone's cup of tea. The chocolate fudge cake (warm with vanilla ice cream) is a must try!! mmmm
And a short note on this one, if u love chinese food, go to Imperial garden on Brent Street (go all the way down queens road and turn left, it's just across the road). They have this 10.95 quid per person all u can eat menu. u order from the starter menu(usually 6 types at a time), they cook it fresh and bring to ur table. u can order as many rounds as u want. then u can move to the ducks,then main...yumyum! it's great. i'm chinese, trust me!
- THE best place to eat in Hendon is of course L'Artista, next to the underground station. It is so yummy, and cheap(ish), big portions, lovely Italian men serving you, and I think I noticed the other day that they are now open until 2am! A must!!
- Sitar (Brent St) Good standard Curry house, DIL takeaway very good, Lido noodle bar also excellent value and large portions.
- Folmans in Brent Street for the best kosher fish and chips.
- Aldephis Fish And Chips on Brent Street
The "chipatti" place further along Brent Street, by the crossroads, near the Garage.
They'll do you a pitta bread filled with chips, salad and chilli sauce for £1 -
just ask for a "chipatti"
- Pizza delivery's are widespread in Hendon... most are free delivery. There is also a wide range of Chinese/Indian take aways.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, mark mackay, Evie, Anna, Hasit Hirani, Jeffrey Maynard, Peter Tims, Finn, J, mark mackay(mad), Lily Lars, Hugh Morrison, Juls, Ben Samuel, Paul Sharpe, generic, larstrex, brian ford, tracey hutton, Nicola
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hendon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hendon Knowhere Board