Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Hendon.
- Hendon had two great cinemas. They are now both gone and replaced by the usual American-style multiplexes at Finchley Lido and Staple's Corner. Appalling to get to either on foot.
THE BEST CINEMA for miles around is the Everyman in Hampstead. It is uber cool, though at least £10.00 per ticket. But make a night of it there. The seats are sofas, you can choose to sit in a double or single sofa. There is a bar and you can take your alcoholic drinks in with you. Plays only the best films.
- There used to be a really nice one at Hendon Central but they closed it and build Homes place instead
- The Ionic's closed down too now!
- There used to be some. But they've all been knocked down. Nearest are:
Golders Green Ionic - only 1 screen, but BOY is it big. PLEASE go to this traditional
cinema as it is soooo much nicer than your usual multi-plex
Staples Corner Multi-plex - horrendous, nigh-on impossible to walk to and tiny
screens (6 of them)
- There's a Virgin Cinema nearby at Staples Corner.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, mark mackay, Evie, Anna, Hasit Hirani, Jeffrey Maynard, Peter Tims, Finn, J, mark mackay(mad), Lily Lars, Hugh Morrison, Juls, Ben Samuel, Paul Sharpe, generic, larstrex, brian ford, tracey hutton, Nicola
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hendon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hendon Knowhere Board