Favourite Building in Hendon, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Hendon.
- Has to be any of the eighteenth century places in the Burroughs.
- Church farm house museum is a beautiful building and well worth a vist on a spring day followed by a lovely walk in the park.
- Hendon Library
- Everthing on the Burroughs and Greyhound Hill. All beautiful
- The almshouses in the Burroughs.
- St Mary's Church (some parts 11th cent), Greyhound pub, public library on the Burroughs, Church Farm House museum and the Town Hall are all interesting buildings.
- Hendon Central tube station. A fine example of the work of Stanley Heaps featuring portland stone doric columns and collonades. Some of these had to be replaced a few years back when a lorry ploughed into it and got wedged in the entrance.
- The Library, I supopose, is the only example of above-average architecture in Hendon.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, mark mackay, Evie, Anna, Hasit Hirani, Jeffrey Maynard, Peter Tims, Finn, J, mark mackay(mad), Lily Lars, Hugh Morrison, Juls, Ben Samuel, Paul Sharpe, generic, larstrex, brian ford, tracey hutton, Nicola
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hendon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hendon Knowhere Board