The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Hendon.
- Hi, can I just say the comments about The White Bear in Hendon refer to the manager who was here a couple of years ago. In other words, they don't refer to me or the pub the way it is now!!! The White Bear is firmly back on track in becoming the best place in Hendon again, the place has been re-vamped, we have new drinks/food menus, we don't allow the rough element in here and the place has been picking up brilliantly over the past four or five months since I started as the new, NEW manager :) Come along and give us a try. We have great feedback on other sites and we have our own website at www.whitebearhendon.com. Look forward to meeting you! Nicola.
- Dodgy food in the Claddagh Ring pub, but great live bands once in a while. Avoid any pub on Brent Street. Go to Hampstead for safe places to drink.
- The best pub is the chequers, it is laid back and friendly and not over priced. The White bear has a great jukebox but not as laid back. However if you want to make it a late night then the Claddagh ring is the place as it stays open till three and you can dance the night away. Careys on Brent street is also a cool pub for a quiet night, and even better if you cath it on a night when Andrea is playing!
- There are several pubs in Hendon:- The Hendon, The Bodran, The Claddaring, The Greyhound and of course the White Bear which has recently had a change over of Management. The White bear was probably the best pub in Hendon up until the take over of the new management probably about 3 months ago now! The White Bear used to be known for it's happy, friendly service, young and decent crowd. The White bear has now turned into the ruffest pub in Hendon, fights break loose every week and the people that now attend regularly have really lowered the tone!I'd stay away if I were you!
- I used to like going to Poitin Stil on Hendon Way. But it's been very quiet downstairs lately..and the fresh faced crowd are getting fresher! I hope it will be buzzing again soon 'cos the other pubs are a bit too far up for me to go and get drunk!
- The White Swan, on lower Golders Green road has changed A LOT in the last couple of years. The old men are banished to the old mans corner (on the left of the pub) and the rest of the pub is full of Students and Backpackers (Kiwi and Ozzie mainly) Where have all these people come from?! You wern't there 3 years ago! Still, the beers not too expensive and there's a good renage of entertainment on week nights.
- Mannings is under new management and all the old nutters have been banished by Mick the landlord, who has an evil sense of humour(ex-Chequers in Hendon). The Greyhound is becoming a Youngs pub so now there will somewhere worth drinking in in Hendon
- Footman and Firkin, up by the Library - used to be good, but recently had a
refit and now charges 40p more a pint. Dingy too.
Middlesex Uni Student Bar - round the back of the old building with the arch, by
some benches. If you can find it - well done! If it's ever open - even better.
Crap bar, but is the cheapest place in Hendon at approx. £1.40/pint
The White Swan, just inside Golders Green is nice enough
The Greyhound is the best place for proper, fiarly cheap, Beer and a chat with yer mates
Avoid The little House, Mannings and Kerrigans like the Plauge
- The Hendon, surprisingly is one of the more popular establishments on a weekend.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, mark mackay, Evie, Anna, Hasit Hirani, Jeffrey Maynard, Peter Tims, Finn, J, mark mackay(mad), Lily Lars, Hugh Morrison, Juls, Ben Samuel, Paul Sharpe, generic, larstrex, brian ford, tracey hutton, Nicola
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hendon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hendon Knowhere Board