The Worst Things in Hendon, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Hendon.
The Worst Things
- The lack of interest from the Council. The DREADFUL pavements.
- The North Circular, and derilict houses on said road.
- THe fact it is so far away from any where, the Northern Line, the infrequency of the 113, how there are only 2 buses transporting people along the main artery of Hendon (113 & 186), the amount of school kids around
- Lots of people who are on 'medication' keep asking for money. If you don't give it, they will make nasty comments. :(
- The Hendon way pub and the A41 which should be shut down.
- A lack of any really decent pubs. The best are probably the Greyhound and the Chequers in the church end, but the rest are pretty dire - special bile reserved for the 'oirish' pub in Bell Lane which changed it's name from The Bell (which it had been called for about 300 years).
- Too much nuisance crime - graffiti, fly tipping, dumped cars, people using other people's gardens/fences as toilets (even at 10:30 in the morning), smashed shop windows and bus shelters, arson attacks everywhere (this is getting really bad) - plus more serious stuff when trying to get a taxi late at night. Loads of shops in Hendon Central 'To Let'. No cinema. No good pubs.
There's building work going on on alot of houses so pavements are all smashed up builders or blocked by bags of sand etc.
Basically it's a dormitory suburb with nothing much to do in it.
- No sense of community
The North Circular Road
The River Brent (otherwise known as a sewage outlet)
- So far away from the rest of London
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, mark mackay, Evie, Anna, Hasit Hirani, Jeffrey Maynard, Peter Tims, Finn, J, mark mackay(mad), Lily Lars, Hugh Morrison, Juls, Ben Samuel, Paul Sharpe, generic, larstrex, brian ford, tracey hutton, Nicola
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hendon
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hendon Knowhere Board