The Best Things in Herne Bay, Kent*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Herne Bay.
The Best Things
- the big bearded hairy guy with a waistcoat, a hat with feathers who is constantly pissed in every pub
- Alan from the prince of wales
- That pissed up bearded pirate with the bandana
- The honest working class culture in Herne Bay is refreshing in comparison to the pretentiousness that has developed in nearby Whitstable.
- Our Beaches But we don't or are not allowed to make full use of them
- The relaxation and atmosphere of "The Bay" and the sea!! Absolute Magic!!
- Shepherd Neame on tap!
- LITTLE BRITAIN WAS FILMED HERE. EMILY HOWARD LIVES IN HERNE BAY AKA. OLD HAVEN.
- THE TRIPS WE HAD ON THE OLAU LINE TO HOLLAND FROM SUGAR & SPICE GREAT TIMES
- Lauren George
- Herne Bay Carnival has a reputation of being one the best in Kent - always on the 2nd Saturday in August (14th Aug 2004). Many good quality entries and crowds of up to 60,000 have been known. AN excellent day for all that participate or watch.
- The beauty and the wildness of the sea.....summer or winter.
- The best thing lately has to be that the Council are looking in to the rebuilding of Herne Bay Pier! .....let's hope they manage to actually do it this time! See:- http://www.hernebaypier.freeserve.co.uk/times writeup.htm
- A lot belive it or not
- It's going to be submerged in water in 20 years time.
- One of the best Roller Hockey teams in the world AND I MEAN THE WORLD!.........OUR UNSUNG HEROES!
- Being able to walk around on a SAturday morning, going to the market, walking back along the seafront to get a perspective on life!
- The sea front. The people. The fact it isn't London. The windswept sea storms.The best sunsets around.
- carnival weekend it ok. everyone gets completely wasted and nearly kills one another.
- Leaving Herne Bay to go home
- Walking home from the Pub on a stormy night, hearing the waves crash on the shore and the fesh air clearing some of the alcohol induced mugginess from your head.
Radio Cabin the Towns own (Hospital) Radio Station....well worth supporting.
- Fresh air, brilliantly re-vamped and well kept sea-frontage, sea arm to walk down, good family seaside outing place without costly attractions but with plenty of stuff for little kids to do, and arcades for those older. Loooooonnnnnnng sea-front - good for dog walking; though check where you can and can't during the visitor season. Brilliant Festival in the summer - lots of family events, plenty of live music. Plenty of VERY good fireworks displays off the sea-arm throughout the year.
- THE QUAINT TOWN, THE OLD FASHIONED BEACH, THE BOATS, THE NOISY AMUSEMENTS, THE PEOPLE.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Steve Shepard, Tische, jenny, Lea Harrison, kim, james, leanne, jamesy boy, Chris, Helzar, Dan, Dean, Philip Guy, Mike, Jamie Huntley, Steve Male, Russell Sales, pete revell, Fez, generic, Maria Maloney, Michael seymour, Paul Stanley, cragcrag54, Amanda, Paul Lee, Dave, email@example.com, Pam, Dan B, PETE WEST, Dave Baxter, Melvin Harrison, John Alcock, Pete Neilly, Josh, dave lee, tom, brian, kATE, Jerry, Dr Rod Steele, BEVERLEY COTTRELL, Mark Cotton, Matey Peeps, Jon Shaw, nick [tm], Lauren George, amy, Terry Moxley, Jacob, Steve
Last updated: 2011-04-04
More stuff about Herne Bay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Herne Bay Knowhere Board