Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Herne Hill.
- Golden Canton opp Herne Hill Rail does good Black Bean. Trinidad Roti shack does mean hot stodgy food and good vege selection - never tried Trinidadian food before and it was lovely.
- About 6 minutes walk up Herne hill from the station is a row of shops. One of these shops sells INDIVIDUAL TUNNOCKS CHOC - we're taking wafer bars and also tea cakes.
- Maxy fried chicken near the station is much better than the new chicken shop (tasty chicken) which is disgusting. MFC is slightly more expensive but well worth it
- The Three Monkeys Restaurant - very impressive Indian cuisine. Very expensive, however, but the food, decor and service are all excellent. Delivery service is NOT recommended!
- Just out of Herne Hill on the Norwood Road, in the small row of shops at the end of Brockwell Park lies Gousia, the very finest Indian takeaway food you will ever have the pleasure of ordering. Top nosh....
- Ollies Chip Shop -- winner of the title of best chip shop in London in 1996.
- For Fish and Chips there is Sid's on Half Moon and another good one on Herne Hill. The very over-hyped and over priced "Oily's" can be found on Norwood. Herne Hill also contains take away Chinese, curry, Mother F'ing Chicken, pizza and Jamaican. The Kebab House used to be called The Gengis which always raised a laugh. For greasy spoons the one under the bridge 'The HH restaurant' is the best although it isn't open on Sundays. You can also get breakfast at the Mansion House in the park.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tony amos, james, tom, Paul Kearns, rob raaaaa, ben, Karen, tommy hopper, Helen Gibson, Helen, Kelvin Haydon, Joe Barry, Paul Churchill, Jonathan, David Hughes, P. Blair, generic, borrowed pc
Last updated: 2008-05-08
More stuff about Herne Hill
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Herne Hill Knowhere Board