The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Herne Hill.
- Greatly miss Ganleys which is now the Florence. Gentrification hits Herne Hill.
- The Brockwell Tavern is now The Florence, yet another gastro pub, it has an patio area for the smokers and sun lovers. The Irish theme completely removed an replaced with the bog standard polished floorboards and premium lagers and a micro brewery. I haven't tasted the local beer as none brewed when I was there.
The Half Moon has jumped on the bandwagon and hyked their prices, removed the pool table and now serve 'home made' pizza.
- The prince regent is a great real english pub but there is a group of aggresive hardcore locals. Tanleys is a fake irish pub but very modern and clean. Half moon attracts a weird group of ppl. The commercial is a great new trendy pub with amazing decor and good beer.
- The Brockwell Park Tavern in Herne Hill is an experience one will never forget. An Irish Bar with a strong contingent of Scots, Welsh and, of course, English who all mix in well and the atmosphere is cool. The Governor is a big guy who seems like a gentle giant, although the stories I heard are different!!! The staff are all Irish and they are all friendly. And thank God they have replaced the South African with an Irish bloke even if he is North of the Border!!!! The food is unreal and you will never taste a Sunday Roast like it. Anyone who thinks the place is scary (like the review previous!) is nuts as it is a cosy pub with good food, good beer and the craic is always ninety!!!!
- the half moon pub is great it is run by an Austrailan manager
called mark really great guy, the pub has a pool table in the back bar
the beer is good,aswell as the food which is served from 11-about6pm
mon to sat you must check the half moon all day breakfast its great
also the pub has a big screen for all major sport events
and friendly people, check out and see
- The Half Moon
- The Half Cut on Half Moon Lane is better now the rude Maltese and consumptive skinny barladies have gone. We play darts at the Commercial on Tuesdays although none of us are any good. The Brockwell Tavern is just scary.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tony amos, james, tom, Paul Kearns, rob raaaaa, ben, Karen, tommy hopper, Helen Gibson, Helen, Kelvin Haydon, Joe Barry, Paul Churchill, Jonathan, David Hughes, P. Blair, generic, borrowed pc
Last updated: 2012-08-17
More stuff about Herne Hill
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Herne Hill Knowhere Board