Arts, crafts and such in Highbury, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Highbury.
Arts, crafts and such
- Hollow Contemporary Art will be opening in April 2005
- Islington High Street has to be the best place to buy antiques in London. Firstly the people who have shops/stalls there are nice and actually try to help you. Secondly, having checked out other parts of London, the antiques are less than half the price.
- stephen einhorn. handcrafted silver jewellery. good stuff not the usual crap.
he does tiny little handgun pendants.
- Tony Hart has his own gallery on Upper Street, Hart Gallery - haven't been there so don't know what it's like.
- There's quite a bit of this... it is Islington Daaaaahling after all: but I'm buggered if I can remember where. There is some street that goes between upper Street and Essex Road which has soe nice stuff on it, and the antique market on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Generally lots to find, Islington can be quite good for just pottering around for that.
- Try Diva at the bottom end of Upper Street for clothes and cards/gifts.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dave Brock, Sarah Little, david wilkinson, Antony, Jim, William, Dan, Emelie, Billy Jones, John Baxter, Tessa, marilyn, angel, remi, generic, denise, Claire, Mark, Jude Robinson, Sarah, Wynn, M, Someone with more knowledge than you, Martin Jones, Susan Jones, Rhiannon Mason, lisa, michael, chrissalton, betty, Frank Zee, richard grycz, juliancole, mal23, James Bradshaw
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highbury Knowhere Board