The Best Things in Highbury, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Highbury.
The Best Things
- Going out with a few non trendy mates is allways a good time
- That funny little iron clock tower just down from the crossroads.
- Everyone sitting outside on the pavements outside when it's sunny, and the variety of eateries.
- Its close to everywhere, fun to live in, brilliant shops and lots of places to eat.
- the absinth sold at the purple turtle (cheapest in london)
- The architecture
- food, pubs, people (in general - there are arseholes everywhere)
- great squares with nice georgian houses without net curtains so you can look inside at fabby middle-class families and feel jealous
- Probably the finest feature of Islington during the 1977-79 and 1991-5 period has been its abilty to foster young musical talent. The seventies saw bands such as Eddie & the Hot Rods, the Stranglers, Ace and the Sex Pistols playing at the Hope & Anchor (Upper Street), whilst the nineties have been witness to the resurgence of the London sound (eg Blur & Stone Country) in the Trolley Stop.
- Best thing: The Embassy.
- Gotta be the Narrow Boat pub: hot day... cold pint... canal... what more can I say? Itss a pace of life thing.
- Good mix of poncey (which can be fun sometimes) and down-to-earth
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dave Brock, Sarah Little, david wilkinson, Antony, Jim, William, Dan, Emelie, Billy Jones, John Baxter, Tessa, marilyn, angel, remi, generic, denise, Claire, Mark, Jude Robinson, Sarah, Wynn, M, Someone with more knowledge than you, Martin Jones, Susan Jones, Rhiannon Mason, lisa, michael, chrissalton, betty, Frank Zee, richard grycz, juliancole, mal23, James Bradshaw
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highbury Knowhere Board