Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Highbury, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Highbury.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Daniel Defoe, the father of modern journalism. His place of residence now a Minicab Office! William Blake, poet. And what about Abney Park Cemetery. a great place to walk, look at the fantasitc monuments, pick blackberries and look at the wild flowers and reseach ancestors. (I'm doing a bit of research on London's lost villages)
hence my interest)
- Tony Blair, Dido, or should they be the other way round?
- The bird from Swing Out Sister occasionally pops into the Centuria Bar, as did Ali G (usually with his parents). Also Denise Van Outen has been spotted on Upper street going to the gym.
- Recently spotted Liza Tarbuck swinging her Terrier Doggy bag whilst singing to herself outside the Pound shop on Blackstock rd - the girl has style
- An up-and-coming celebrity in Highbury is a chap called FatSadMan. He is fictional and lives at fatsadman.com On occasions he can be quite entertaining, this year he is writing his diary for the year 2000 and posting it month-by-month at fatsadman.com (a non-commercial website).
- Loads of famous residents: Douglas Adams (wrote Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy), Sue Pollard, Clive Anderson and tons more. Seen Gina McKee, Kenneth Branagh, Griff Rhys Jones and loads more.
- sue pollard ( from hi-de-hi), jarvis cocker, kathy burke and that bird that plays biancas sister in eastenders (sonia jackson)
- Stephen Fry, Sue Pollard off Hi-di-Hi,
- Islington is home to literally hundreds of famous and infamous people. Current residents include Tony Blair, Griff Rhys-Jones, Sade, Clive Anderson, Pauline Quirke and Roland Gift, to name but a few. Going back a bit, Lenin lived here and the Old Red Lion in St. John Street was his regular.
- Loads of other people. Thousands more peole who think they are (or should be!) but actually aren't!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dave Brock, Sarah Little, david wilkinson, Antony, Jim, William, Dan, Emelie, Billy Jones, John Baxter, Tessa, marilyn, angel, remi, generic, denise, Claire, Mark, Jude Robinson, Sarah, Wynn, M, Someone with more knowledge than you, Martin Jones, Susan Jones, Rhiannon Mason, lisa, michael, chrissalton, betty, Frank Zee, richard grycz, juliancole, mal23, James Bradshaw
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highbury Knowhere Board