Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Highbury, Greater London*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Highbury.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- The good ones are full of people that seem to be aching to ask for your phone
- the slimelight in torrens street is THE best club in london if you're into alternative/goth. only on saturdays, its memebers only but if you wanna go just hang around outside, and some kind member will sign you in!!
- You've got the Mega Club, just off Liverpool Road and owned by Vince Power, but I can't remember its name. Don't go anyway... it's crap: no atmosphere, abysmal chill out room, and the punters come from hell. Slimelight near Angel is good for a techno pierced fetishy sorta do.
- The Garage on Highbury Corner! Excellent and noticeably less trendy/more relaxed than some clubs down the road in Central London. There are two entrances: one downstairs to admit known heterosexuals - the gay (mixed) bit is upstairs. Every week a few people go to the wrong entrance - you see them wandering about trying to work out what isn't quite right. Music edges into Brit pop and Indie and sometimes into that indiscri- minate "your eardrums wont see morning" beat, and is generally vg. Furthermore my mates, who like to be addressed as "The Icons" sometimes play there. Cool!
- The Blue Note, (formerly the Complex, before that the Paradise Club) near the Angel. Especially Camouflage on Saturdays - check out the groovy red 'lurve lounge' upstairs, and Metalheadz on a Sunday. 4 floors. At last, a great non-indie club in North London.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dave Brock, Sarah Little, david wilkinson, Antony, Jim, William, Dan, Emelie, Billy Jones, John Baxter, Tessa, marilyn, angel, remi, generic, denise, Claire, Mark, Jude Robinson, Sarah, Wynn, M, Someone with more knowledge than you, Martin Jones, Susan Jones, Rhiannon Mason, lisa, michael, chrissalton, betty, Frank Zee, richard grycz, juliancole, mal23, James Bradshaw
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highbury Knowhere Board