Favourite Building in Highbury, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Highbury.
- Old and New - The Islington Central Library is a nice change to the general brown mess I call home - then again, so is the new graduate center at LondonMet Uni designed by Daniel Leibeskind - dubbed "The Titanic" by locals because of how it looks.
- Bemerton estate well why wouldnt it be
- The new angel cum tube station - beta builda lives!
- St Pauls Church on St Pauls Road, Islington. Fab old tumbledown gothic-type church which now does workshops in metal and stained glass and stuff, and has a great organic caff.
- The Union Chapel in Compton Terrace just off Upper Street is quite striking.
- Too many to mention: The Green, The Kings Head, The houses.
- Crafts Council, Pentonville Road, also has nice uncrowded cafe with gaggia machine coffee and quiche type grub
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dave Brock, Sarah Little, david wilkinson, Antony, Jim, William, Dan, Emelie, Billy Jones, John Baxter, Tessa, marilyn, angel, remi, generic, denise, Claire, Mark, Jude Robinson, Sarah, Wynn, M, Someone with more knowledge than you, Martin Jones, Susan Jones, Rhiannon Mason, lisa, michael, chrissalton, betty, Frank Zee, richard grycz, juliancole, mal23, James Bradshaw
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highbury Knowhere Board