Live Music Venues in Highbury, Greater London*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Highbury.
Live Music Venues
- Loads of people have already mentioned how cool The Garage is just north of Highbury Corner on Holloway Road - but I just want to re-iterate. It's cool.
- The hope and anchor doesnt quite attract bands and groups like it did but still a good place (get some wkd shots!!!)
- The Garage in Highbury offers the chance to see great bands in a small venue. Sounds quality. Good vibe. The place ROCKS!
- The 12 Bar, just off Charing Cross Road. Cushy Productions has a night - something like one Thursday a month - which has some really cool young talent. Also great venue, tiny but friendly, always have a good night here.
- for free live accoustic sets on sunday afternoons, try the purple turtle on essex road,
- The Rythmic on Chapel Market is getting its act together, nice Sunday jazz, and Fridays are pretty good as well.
- There's a pub at the end of Chapel Market (not the twee pub, the other end) that has some live stuff as well.
- Disgracelands has really been getting pretty good on a Wednesday night: Earthtribe, Spring Heel Jack and other nights cater for other tastes.
- Crossbar which is more Kings Cross direction has a thumping hip hop night on Thursdays: real old skool with breakdancing to boot!
- I think the Embassy has started to do music but I am not sure.
- The Garage, 20-22 High Street.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dave Brock, Sarah Little, david wilkinson, Antony, Jim, William, Dan, Emelie, Billy Jones, John Baxter, Tessa, marilyn, angel, remi, generic, denise, Claire, Mark, Jude Robinson, Sarah, Wynn, M, Someone with more knowledge than you, Martin Jones, Susan Jones, Rhiannon Mason, lisa, michael, chrissalton, betty, Frank Zee, richard grycz, juliancole, mal23, James Bradshaw
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highbury Knowhere Board