The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Highbury, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Highbury.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Could be classed a shop, an exhibition or character/mild eccentric category.
Home Grow Cabinet and hydroponics exhibition. John Baxter, a furniture and indoor gardening enthusiast, has opened 'Growin' featuring a collection of home cultivation cabinets from Europe and North America. Offers a full range of products and services for the home grower. Location streetmap N1 4RX (junction of Newington Green Road and Essex Road)
Further information 020 7033 9541 or www.getgrowin.co.uk
- That weeny funfair that turnsup on the green now and then - I love it!
- On my first visit to Upper Street during daylight hours I was
dragged out of a public telephone box by my hair by two screaming
women covered in tatoos "bacause I was taking too long"( 5 minutes)
....says all you need to know.
- interestingly, an international phone sex line is operated from an office on upper street (i know i used to work there!)
- Highbury Fields is one of the greatest areas for just hanging out, people watching, etc. Summer it's probably the most pleasant area to be in the area.
- Loads of theatre pubs, little fringe things: the Hen And Chickens on Highbury Corner, one half way up Upper Street, and the Red Lion on St. John Street. Also the Almeida Theatre. Absolutely FAB 20th century design shop... just go and look, you'll never be able to afford the three grand 60s egg chair, but, hey, it looks good and there's no harm dreaming.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dave Brock, Sarah Little, david wilkinson, Antony, Jim, William, Dan, Emelie, Billy Jones, John Baxter, Tessa, marilyn, angel, remi, generic, denise, Claire, Mark, Jude Robinson, Sarah, Wynn, M, Someone with more knowledge than you, Martin Jones, Susan Jones, Rhiannon Mason, lisa, michael, chrissalton, betty, Frank Zee, richard grycz, juliancole, mal23, James Bradshaw
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highbury Knowhere Board