The Worst Things in Highbury, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Highbury.
The Worst Things
- Sirens.. all the time. Bloody sirens.
- Calidonian road because of the little boys in gangs that throw things at you
- Beggars on the streets.
- Lack of parking - how can we crouchenders come shopping if we can't bring our Peugeots?
- Pitcher and Piano and All Bar One type establishments creeping in. No, no, no. Also 'The Green' on Upper street. Name should be changed to either The Brown, The Bin, on the 'Meeting point for piss-heads with dogs on bits of string'.
- The crime rate.
- THis place is the pits>Ive lived there 2 years.
Its reckons its posh and rich but hvaing seen real educated and posh
people this place is a joke,
Its an absolute dump in the middle of the most ignorant and slum ridden
area of London.
The place is filled with dirty minded morons.
Violence and stupidity ae endemic.Eg Holloway area dumps.
The Council is an arrogant scornful misguided mess.
Do not buy a house here prices will fall with the riots.
Islington people are the most arrogant stuck up little idiots
I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.They are living 20 years in the past
- the gangs of pre teen kids beating the shit out of each other
- No parks!
- prices - keep going up and up as the area becomes increasingly known to the City boys who have suddenly realised they can get to work in ten minutes. Why live in Fulham (quite)?. This has resulted in the opening of a number of bars which indicate the arrival of Sloane types - Pitcher & Piano and all its clones. However this is great if you want to pick up shallow people who just want to look at your wallet. The other main thing is the rent or cost of housing. A reasonable one bedroom flat will cost more than £1,000 per month. Then just scale up.
- i've never managed to enjoy the screen on the green cinema. Up its arse vibe, uncomfortable, half-pissed middle of the road Islington pleased-with-themselves types fresh from pub (wanring: don't get stuck in middle of row if you'd had a drink)
- The dog shit.
- Some of the people. This should not be taken the wrong way as there are lots of extremely chilled out, excellent folk around there and they can be really friendly. Then you come across a couple of geezas with their heads up their arses... you know what I mean.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dave Brock, Sarah Little, david wilkinson, Antony, Jim, William, Dan, Emelie, Billy Jones, John Baxter, Tessa, marilyn, angel, remi, generic, denise, Claire, Mark, Jude Robinson, Sarah, Wynn, M, Someone with more knowledge than you, Martin Jones, Susan Jones, Rhiannon Mason, lisa, michael, chrissalton, betty, Frank Zee, richard grycz, juliancole, mal23, James Bradshaw
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highbury Knowhere Board