Arts, crafts and such in Highgate, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Highgate.
Arts, crafts and such
- Try "Pavane" on Archway Rd.
- Several shops in the village sell local art: old prints of the locality and indifferent pictures by local rich kids whose daddies bought them a studio for Xmas. For real local art, go down to the Parkland walk along the disused railway, where there is some extremely nice graffiti. The front of the cafe on the bridge at the bottom of Hornsey Lane is a fantastic piece done by local writers.
- Lauderdale House,Highgate Gallery,Nawar...
- Good but, slightly boring art shop/gallery. Highgate High Street.
Want to buy the unusual gift, try the arty,indian,gift shop, next to wine shop.
- Jackson's Lane often has craft fairs.(Archway Rd). Also, check out a great furniture shop on Archway Rd opposite the church near "suicide" bridge.
- Lauderdale House has craft/arts/antiques fairs every other weekend or so, it has a cafe as well
- Kenwood House: one of the great collections. Rembrandt's greatest self-portrait, and a gorgeous little Vermeer. Plus Turner, Gainsborough, Hals etc
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: andrew, Paul Mannix, aaron, Timmy Smedley, Kandy Moore, email@example.com, Wynn Wheldon, Ross Ashworth, Orlando, tommy hopper, Scott McKinstry, David Lovatt, john beale, Nathan Fisher, generic, emily, John Robinson, ben jay, Dave, jayne parsley, J-ded, Liliana Thornton, lou, plamenski, Paul McIlroy, mark moody, john potts, Andy Hardiman, ardee, David Goldman, Xan watkins, Holmes, Plamen G., nylla, mat phillips, peter armary, TashaE, ben, karen, G.ROSENTHAL, Eloise Williams, Jana, Ann, Alexandra Besga, Chris Summercorn, 12, len B, Angie B, Alex Marshall, Alicia, roland white, David Jackson
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highgate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highgate Knowhere Board