The Best Things in Highgate, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Highgate.
The Best Things
- People of highgate,King Francis Wittelsbach-(Stuart) of the Schloss Nympenburg is the rightful King of England,the present so called establishment are usurpers.The revolution of 1688 was a national crime & no amount of time even 3OO yearrs can put right what is quite clearly wrong,declare for King Francis,God save the King.
- Highgate Woods, Parkland Walk and Waterlow Park,
- The view from Waterlow Park or Archway Bridge down to the city! Easy and close by public transport options. Waterlow park itself is lovely in any season, Hampstead Heath also within a walking distance as well as Highgate and Queen's Woods. Nice quiet and leafy residential streets - but hell pricey living!
- Waterlow Park
- The old school buildings. Wonderful old brick building. Also Waterlow Park with great views of the City, like the Archway.
- Little cottages, a village feel, the pubs, gentility, leafiness, the chocolatier, the butchers, the bakers, the jeweller, al fresco eating in the summer and the gardening center.
- check out the old furniture at richardson of highgate.
exploring the charity shops. lots of gifts from rich posh 70s people.
- Close to Hampstead Heath. Almost guaranteed to live close to someone famous.
- The wine shop on Archway Rd.
- San Carlo - worth every penny, Adnams and Chunky chips from the Flask, Waterlow Park is breathtaking
- Village atmosphere.
The corner shop
- The village atmosphere, similar to Hampstead Village but without the weekend crowds, the lack of street violence, tidiness of the place and great schools!
- It's a nice quiet safe sort of area, the woods and parks rock, and when the fog comes down it's like being in a country village. And it's on the lovely lovely Northern line.
- Archway Road. I have just moved there and i think it is utterly fantastic, close to everything and hip and happening. Of course I have spent the rest of my life in Wales.
- A fantastic place to live.
- nice food,
original atmosphere,variety of shops,polite residents.
- Pubs, lots of birds (of the feathered variety), plenty of trees, Pond Square in the summer, lack of street violence, lots of birds (of the human variety), Waterlow Park and the people.
- Interesting people
- Parkland Walk - a nice stroll in Spring and Summer. Waterlow Park - especially early on a summer evening when the moon is full. Our very own Swinger's Compound - the private estate on the way down to the Heath.
- Charming ,nearly, still a village.
Did you know that the post box outside the post office, is a gold top post box.............collects on a Sunday.
Great Boys School. Highgate School for Boys.
Great Girls SChool.....Channing. Check out their web site.
Waterlow park & restaurant, on a nice day....spend it all here.
really is a great place to live.
- The best thing was the hardware shop in Highgate High Street, perfect for browsing around and picking up an egg whick just for the sheer hell of it. Unfortunately it's closed down - are Dick and Jane really going to open a sex shop or is it just a cruel wind up!!!!
- Highgate Garden Centre....an oasis...wonderful!
- Hampstead Heath
- PUBS..PUBS..OPEN SPACE...VILLLAGE ATMOSPHERE
- Waterlow Park - feed the ducks or play tennis, take your pick.
- Its quiet, unassuming, utterly untrendy, (almost) utterly unbourgeois
- Pond Square
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: andrew, Paul Mannix, aaron, Timmy Smedley, Kandy Moore, email@example.com, Wynn Wheldon, Ross Ashworth, Orlando, tommy hopper, Scott McKinstry, David Lovatt, john beale, Nathan Fisher, generic, emily, John Robinson, ben jay, Dave, jayne parsley, J-ded, Liliana Thornton, lou, plamenski, Paul McIlroy, mark moody, john potts, Andy Hardiman, ardee, David Goldman, Xan watkins, Holmes, Plamen G., nylla, mat phillips, peter armary, TashaE, ben, karen, G.ROSENTHAL, Eloise Williams, Jana, Ann, Alexandra Besga, Chris Summercorn, 12, len B, Angie B, Alex Marshall, Alicia, roland white, David Jackson
Last updated: 2015-02-08
More stuff about Highgate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highgate Knowhere Board