Buskers, Street Entertainers in Highgate, Greater London*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Highgate.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Interesting comment here about a local drinking himself to death. Nearly sure I know the person referred to here....had a long residency of industrial drinking at The Angel and The Wrestlers. Possibly may have then moved onto The Bull across the road. Agree that I have not seen him in several years - he may well have passed.
- - An American barrister (Michael?) who seemed to be intent on drinking himself to death by crawling each and every pub in Highgate. I think he may have succeeded as I haven't seen him for a while
- the man who asks for 35pence for a pint of milk?
- There was this one guy who...
- George Michaels sister has a 'cream' nic nac shop in the Village.
- The crazy young man who sometimes plays the flute in the village.
Occasionally there is the famous "Highgate Tramp", who is actually very cultured and likes ballet.
- man who walks around with can of beer in his hand stopping passers by and asking for change.
man from mental home who wears the black furry hat with ear flaps,sometimes seen with a guitar
- Mat man on Southwood Lane always raised a laugh on the way to school. He used to open his door at about half eight and bang his doormat against the wall and shout rubbish at the top of his voice. Is the looney bin still open? There were plenty of characters there, my favourite being the Crusader who walked up and down the village in full crusader gear (obviously).
- None, but keep a watch out, for the 'Hat Man' always wares a hat, dark leather coat, walks continously around Highgate. Say Hi..he's a nice troubled guy.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: andrew, Paul Mannix, aaron, Timmy Smedley, Kandy Moore, email@example.com, Wynn Wheldon, Ross Ashworth, Orlando, tommy hopper, Scott McKinstry, David Lovatt, john beale, Nathan Fisher, generic, emily, John Robinson, ben jay, Dave, jayne parsley, J-ded, Liliana Thornton, lou, plamenski, Paul McIlroy, mark moody, john potts, Andy Hardiman, ardee, David Goldman, Xan watkins, Holmes, Plamen G., nylla, mat phillips, peter armary, TashaE, ben, karen, G.ROSENTHAL, Eloise Williams, Jana, Ann, Alexandra Besga, Chris Summercorn, 12, len B, Angie B, Alex Marshall, Alicia, roland white, David Jackson
Last updated: 2016-07-07
More stuff about Highgate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highgate Knowhere Board