The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Highgate.
- - The Duke's Head for a mega range of excellent craft beer and top nosh
- The Flask for sleb spotting and cosiness
- The Bull for a nice posh pub with home brews
- The Wrestlers for a great real fire and more sleb spotting
- The Prince of Wales for more cosiness, thai food and a tricky pub quiz
- The Charlotte Despard for great beer and nice vibe
- The Flask, Duke's Head and the Gatehouse.
- The Wrestlers is a great pub with a really nice atmosphere and friendly staff.
- The Flask. Great pub, nooks, crannies, fireplaces, good service, good food and gothic candles.
- Flask, Spaniard's Inn (Hampstead), The Gate House (in the village). Also a load in Muswell Hill - The Fantail Ferkin (a converted church), The John Logie Baird and The Maid of Muswell.
- The Rose and Crown has losts its way, the beer is rubbish and the food is badly cooked, The Flask is very good the bbq every weekend is fab. The Angel has been refurbished and is now a very cool pub. The Old Crown has also been refurbished and has a late licence till 1pm, The Wrestlers is my favorite mind you log fires in the winter and cool sofas, they love dogs in there.
- The Duke's Head is the best and most relaxed pub in Highgate. For some inexplicable reason the Flask and Prince of Wales have become trendy but the POW is just so cliqueish (read the review of the quiz there on http://www.quizlist.com...) Haven't yet managed to sample the food in the Angel because of slowness of service the times we attended and I can only hope the grub in the Rose and Crown has improved.
- The service in the Angel sucks more than any other pub I have ever been in. The bar staff are so vacant you can see straight through their ears. The Flask is claustrophobia city - way too cramped and far too full of idiots. The Gatehouse ain't exactly the funkiest p[ub in town, but you can get a seat and the staff serve you good. Down in Archway is the Sir John, which got a bit hip for a while but is all right.
- The Winchester Tavarn does now serve food all day. Fairly extensive menu. Pub has been refurbished in last year and looks much the better for it. Also occassional live music venue (most Fridays)
- Got to disagree with the person who said forget The Flask in winter. It's great! Cosy with open fires and low ceilings etc. Beer garden is lovely in summer and popular with a mockney/Jewish princess crowd. Shame about the expensive beer - if price is an issue go to the Gatehouse, a Wetherspoon's so very cheap but full of bizarre old people. Nice small beer garden and a theatre upstairs!
- The Gate House,The Rose and Crown,The Flask,The Dukes Head,The Angel,The Wrestlers,The Red Lion,The Old Crown,The Victoria,All Bar One...
- The pubs here will only let in over 21S
- Does anyone know if it's true that there is an underground passageway linking The Wrestlers and The Flask? If there is, would it not make a great deal of sense to re-open it?
- The Winchester Arms is good if you like eccentrics. A little rough around the edges but that's good, isn't it?
- The Angel, as of 10/99, great food, new management and even a chance to PURCHASE ART HANGING ON THE WALL FROM LOCAL ARTISTS, some of which is very good.
The Flask, great pub in the summer..............forget it in the winter.
The Spanairds Inn, Yes, it is in Highgate.Great garden in the summer, great open fire in the Winter. Yet another haunt of Dick Turpin, but all the old pubs, say they are.
Rose & Crown, Years ago, great pinball/come happy place to be. Great refit about 6 years ago, God knows what happenned to the young couple who started running it, Regards from Paul, to the both of them..........Really is a chill out place, good atmosphere.
All Bar one.......too boring and no good for children.
The Prince of Wales, small, compact and small, did I say it was small, you need to get to know the pub well and you will return to its small bar.
- The Winchester Hall Tavern, Archway Rd, is a locals pub with a beer garden and plenty of space. It doesn't serve food. However, it boasts pool tables and always has the football games on with a huge screen for special matches.
- The most traditional pubs: The Flask, The Wellington
- The Flask - a little too Dickens for me. I prefer Prince of Wales - excellent quiz night, and good Guiness.
- The King's Head
- The Wrestlers
- The Red Lion and Sun
- The "industrial" Gate House
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: andrew, Paul Mannix, aaron, Timmy Smedley, Kandy Moore, email@example.com, Wynn Wheldon, Ross Ashworth, Orlando, tommy hopper, Scott McKinstry, David Lovatt, john beale, Nathan Fisher, generic, emily, John Robinson, ben jay, Dave, jayne parsley, J-ded, Liliana Thornton, lou, plamenski, Paul McIlroy, mark moody, john potts, Andy Hardiman, ardee, David Goldman, Xan watkins, Holmes, Plamen G., nylla, mat phillips, peter armary, TashaE, ben, karen, G.ROSENTHAL, Eloise Williams, Jana, Ann, Alexandra Besga, Chris Summercorn, 12, len B, Angie B, Alex Marshall, Alicia, roland white, David Jackson
Last updated: 2014-12-12
More stuff about Highgate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highgate Knowhere Board