The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Highgate, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Highgate.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- restaurants- you're inaccurate on San Carlo - new refurb and fab food etc - you must check it out and change what you've written - its FAB now!!
- if anybody Knows a guy called Nunu (he lives just oposite the station) get him to call the girl who's heart he just broke on the 4th Jan 2005
- New category suggestion:
There is a very nice wine shop on Archway Road called "Wine of course". Interesting wines and champagne and even more unusual beers. Check it out.
- The graveled over area by Pond Square is such a waist.
- Highgate Character:There's this one guy who spends all day,all year round just walking back and forth,up and down the High Street (apparently he doesn't even live in the area)!It doesn't matter what the weather's like,he'll be walking.He always wears a hat,a bag and a belt over his coat...umm.
- Johny some1 loves you and its not your girlfriend...but you do know her! TAKE A WILD GUESS! (and a risk)
- Gossip Column.
Did you know that a dear friend from 'Friends' is moving into Highgate.
Did you know that a main bus lane will be introduced into highgate, very shortly.
Did you know that the proposal of a new classy fish & chip shop, has beeen rejected in Highgate High St.
Did you know that Pond Square, could return to a glorious POND Sq. Even pedestrianised.
Did you know that Sinhead O'Connor's house is up for sale. Good.
Did you know that the average property cost is £500,000
Did you know that the average rental cost is £2,000 per month.
Did you know that the mews behind the Angel, is going to be refurbished and may become a wine bar area.
Did you know that the mews behind the Angel, may be used as a film set.
Did you know that Dick Whittingham, former Mayor of London, turned around in Highgate and returned, after looking at the great veiw, of the city, penniless, to become the mayor.
Did you know that a new comedy club has opened next to the Gatehouse Pub.
- Great place for a pub crawl
- The very best thing about Highgate is the village atmosphere and the 'rich negelected' feel. Although newcomers can be a little snobby, the real locals are not.
- Er - what about Top Cemetery? Highgate of course boasts the ultimate communist plot: the grave of Karl Marx, and appropriately hideous it is too. Still we're actually rather proud of it - especially as it is not in Hampstead
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: andrew, Paul Mannix, aaron, Timmy Smedley, Kandy Moore, email@example.com, Wynn Wheldon, Ross Ashworth, Orlando, tommy hopper, Scott McKinstry, David Lovatt, john beale, Nathan Fisher, generic, emily, John Robinson, ben jay, Dave, jayne parsley, J-ded, Liliana Thornton, lou, plamenski, Paul McIlroy, mark moody, john potts, Andy Hardiman, ardee, David Goldman, Xan watkins, Holmes, Plamen G., nylla, mat phillips, peter armary, TashaE, ben, karen, G.ROSENTHAL, Eloise Williams, Jana, Ann, Alexandra Besga, Chris Summercorn, 12, len B, Angie B, Alex Marshall, Alicia, roland white, David Jackson
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Highgate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highgate Knowhere Board