The Worst Things in Highgate, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Highgate.
The Worst Things
- Archway Road.
- I am Catholic & I am sick of protestant yahoo's trying to make time with Catholic women.
- Once again - the TRAFFIC !!!! on Highgate Hill and high street is terrible! You can't breath, it's just the car fumes in the air due to constant traffic jams. Don't want to mention the estate agents again - but yes, there are more of them than shops - and the high street is tiny! Also those few shops that are there are useless, apart from the corner off licence,Tesco and butchers. The latest addition is an overpriced shop for dogs ! ! ?
- The suicides off the Archway. Really sad.
- Yummy mummies, too many candle shops, no Marks & Spencers, Oxfam (who SHAMEFULLY overprice! You can get cheaper clothes in the High Street), too many estate agents and lack of parking.
- estate agents, anyone?! TWELVE at the last count and another one just opening...
- Estate agencies. The Nouveau-riche.
- Boring, boring, boring.
- Laurderdale house is a run down wreck - its a shame it could be like Kenwood, There is no bus from Highate to Hamstead. No cinema, The traffic on Highgate hill is alwayspacked.
- The people in Archway. Why the large amount of overweight (ie FAT) people with pasty skin. Is thiis due to the supply of kebabs/burgers/fried chicken which they consume? A lot of people who live in Archway are fat and common and should be removed immeadiately and disposed of somewhere in zone 6 so the civilised attractive educated can enjoy being near the centre of the city without having to confront common ugliness on a daily basis.
- Have been reading 'knowhere' guide to both 'hertford' my birthtown and highgate where i now reside.Who writes this stuff? realise that it is supposed to be fun but come on!who on earth wrote the guide to highgate?It's terrible!!! loads of info missed out and i can tell you that there is much more to highgate than has been described!!
- It's incredibly boring and there are no shops or Chinese takeaways!
- People who don't like:
1. The Welsh
2. Archway road.
- The kids from highgate school hangin out in pond square and smoking weed both after school and on weekends. the girls who always go there to shag older highgate boys
- Highgate mothers who go everywhere in cars they can't drive that take up the whole street (big enough for a generation,although there'll only be a tiny kid on their own)!
- Highate village from
and 4 to 5.
Highgate school pupils march out in baseball caps and hooded tops,walking about as if they own the place.
it is however,a very elite private school
Highate is also a notorious paedophile hangout.
- Those bloody cafes! Oh, and of course - THE ANGEL.
- The shops on Archway Road - those buildings are actually very nice. If someone would redevelop that strip it would be a much nicer place.
- School run traffic.
The Raj tea rooms.
Too far from Highgate tube station, itself.
Highgate Soceity, who run the place, have everyone's best interest at heart, BUT, they really are boring old farts, get some young blood in there, although you want an old village, even the old villages, changed with the times..........
sleeping policeman in the side roads, are tooooo high.
No HSBC Bank!
- The service in Cafe Rouge
- 20 quid to visit the cemetry, someone must have met a real conman, Highgate Cemetry, both East and West sides are open most days for tours at a small charge, I believe they are free if you have a relative buried there. They are however kept locked because of vandalism and vampire hunters etc (yes Highgate does have its vampire0
- Archway Road
- Revisiting UK after 30 years+ tried to visit my fathers grave in Highgate cemetery. Some unwashed,unkempt,brain-dead creep on the gate wanted 20 quid to let us in. Otherwise apply to council, bureaucracy, forms etc.etc. Takes weeks. Forget it. The only place in the world I've visited where they want money to let you visit a rellies grave. No wonder you lost an empire.
- TARMACADAM ON POND SQUARE
- Highgate has a traffic problem, I would close it off to non resident's cars completely.
- It is rather quiet
- All the Vampires, hanging around that damn cemetary.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: andrew, Paul Mannix, aaron, Timmy Smedley, Kandy Moore, email@example.com, Wynn Wheldon, Ross Ashworth, Orlando, tommy hopper, Scott McKinstry, David Lovatt, john beale, Nathan Fisher, generic, emily, John Robinson, ben jay, Dave, jayne parsley, J-ded, Liliana Thornton, lou, plamenski, Paul McIlroy, mark moody, john potts, Andy Hardiman, ardee, David Goldman, Xan watkins, Holmes, Plamen G., nylla, mat phillips, peter armary, TashaE, ben, karen, G.ROSENTHAL, Eloise Williams, Jana, Ann, Alexandra Besga, Chris Summercorn, 12, len B, Angie B, Alex Marshall, Alicia, roland white, David Jackson
Last updated: 2012-05-13
More stuff about Highgate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Highgate Knowhere Board