Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Hitchin.
- The Regal Cinema shut down c1984 after a race inspired murder- it had been used for dances and discos, a white lad from Royston was stabbed by someone from amongst a group of thugs.
- go stevenage
- No cinema in Hitchin - nearest is Letchworth, and then Stevenage.
- Wha? Cinema? we talkin Hitchin here...the day Hitchin gets a cinema is the day that lil bad boys stop thinkin that drivin Novas is cool
- Nearest decent one is the Broadway in Letchworth. Don't bother with the cineworld cos that means going the Stevenage. Bleagh.
- Us people of Hitchin are enough entertainment for each other.
- broadway in letchworth has biggest screen out of all the local cinemas. guess that makes it the best
- The Regal on Bancroft - haven't been there for a few years, though
- Bowling at Stevenage, but there is a small one at Henlow Camp (bookings only)
- HELLO??!!! Doesnt anybody ever venture into Letchworth?!!!! There happens to be a quite kitch
cinema there-- The Broadway Cinema! Its only got 3 screens, but its cheaper than
St.Evenage and the staff are nice! (Not slating the staff in Cineworld- in mates with a few!)
Check it out!
- Well you've pretty much named ALL the entertainment in the district! Stevenage: Bowling. Midnight bowling - see your friends teeth glow! Yay! Quasar is pants. Its been there since time began and never been upgraded. Carters Indoor Adventure Playground type thingy made of all things bouncy & rubbery is next door: You can hire this place, stick 50 of your mates in it, bring your own booze & music and runaround like 3yr olds in the ball pools. DON'T try this when theres real 3yr olds in it. You will squish them.
- 12 screen in stevenage, nothing closer - sorry, but hey it's better than bangor, we've got THE PLAZA, which reminds me of something out of the 40's, and THEATRE GYWNEDD, which shows about one film a week.... so basically you're better of with Stevenage.
- The Regal .... oops its a doctor's surgery now
- St Evenage, although it pains me to say it.
- There are not any cinamas in hitchin but theres one in Stevenage
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: chooch, jasmine bual, mick, Rebecca Hemsworth, duncan hamilton, Katherine Harper, nick aird, phil, S. Lohrey, Tony Burton, Rupert, dave pucknell, neil, matt bean, Cas, Joe Mcloughlin, Dan, hybridash, Peter Bugden, greg-o, Brown, katy, Zapatos Footwear, kate, Victoria, Leopold, Steve Folan, Netto Superstar, john johnson, NICK PURPLE, Noud Koevoets, Nadine Loon, Jenny, Steph, Deano, Rish, Lynden, R. Mason, Marc Lucas, spam ripper, Jade, Lulu, adam, Andrew, Richard Ford, Colin Beadle, Robert Hassard, Roger King, ajay, inky, RED, Bary White, Katherine Bridge, gill rickson, sammie, ben K, sara, Steve Mann, Colin Grange, Rob Gudgion, sarah, Andrew Holland, anon, ALEX CROXFORD, Ryan Ross, bobbie, james bull, cassy, tica, Lisa, carla, urban fox, Flopsy, Mark Burrell, Tyas Levesley, mike, jenni, lostchild82, Hilary Robertson, Donna, me, Roberto, sam, Trevor Pugsley, Ros Ellis, Ryan, generic, Mighty Astroso, Alice Chadfield, Cassie Lester, Richard Thackray, Jo, mannie, Kevin Dixon, Richard Starkey, Vikkie, cj, the bed, tina, Cassie, tom, JoJo, Katie Fraser, boba, ........................................, Gary Hammond, charlie, Roley, jeff pridmore, soph, Damian Howlett, Tony Middleton, David Lowe, Tony O'Brien, Aurelie, Trevor Sayer, nick, Shaun Gates, Charlotte Wallis, Tomas Pederen, amy
Last updated: 2010-08-28
More stuff about Hitchin
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hitchin Knowhere Board