Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Holloway.
- AMAZON. Cafe prices for restaurant quality food.
- Judy's has closed. You can get vegetarian food at the cafe in Manor Gardens + the Arts Factory.
- Royal Cous Cous house on Holloway road (N7) is no more. It's now Jour Et Nuit. It's owned by the same bloke but is more of a cafe and I think they only do Moroccan dinners at weekends. There's a fab, and v cheap, Tapas place a bit further down Holloway road though (away from the tube) that does some gorgeous house red wine at only £8.50 - makes a change from the pissy plonk you normally get.
- "Bonjour Bonsoir" and "El Molino" on Holloway Road are both good. "Crystal" does the best kebabs on Holloway Road. Also "Nid Ting" is an excellent Thai restaurant.
- Judys opposite the university has lots of nice cheap Asian food.
Waitrose is the best supermarket but there's a also big Safeway in the shopping centre.
Only Holland & Barrett for a health food shop - you're better off going to Brecknock Road towards Camden.
Royal Cous Cous house down towards the tube does a decent tagine.
Michael's High Class Fish & Chips is much better than most and has mushy peas - but he can keep his pickled eggs.
The big Indian restaurant opposite M&S is supposed to be good, but a bit pricey.
Lots of fresh veg on market stalls up Seven Sisters and some good Turkish shops.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: tommy hopper, Reginald Tools, Hollingworth, RuthRobinson, Xtina, generic, victim of crime, Kate, R J TAYLOR
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Holloway
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Holloway Knowhere Board