The Best Things in Ilford, Essex*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Ilford.
The Best Things
- its got a good feeling
- full of different mix of people from different background and culture. its really nice because its like everybody accepts you. apart from few idiots who got lost on the way to romford.
and easy links to other places with london like twenty minutes away and lakeside thirty.
- The best thing for me about Ilford was lying in bed as a 8 year old while staying at my aunt and uncles house in Chester Road, Seven Kings in the mid-1960's and listening on a winters night to the distant ryhthmic clickity-clack of the electric trains as they passed by at the bottom of the road!!
I'd give my eye-teeth to go back to those days.
- pg creeds[sells everything]cameron rd,seven kings.jakes burgers
- Valentines Park especially the mansion and aviery.
- The Valentine.
Gants Hill subway to get out.
- Smoking ya first fag in front of yya mum.
- The greatest thing that I remember about good old Ilford is the now defunct Ilford Football Club. It was the first senior club I played for and still have fond memories of building and the ground. I still think that the colours blue and white hoops are the best colours I have ever played in. It also had a woderfully friendly bar for players and supporters. Any other expat players around??
- The Valentine, the cinema in Gants Hill, Meze Meze and Pizza Express.
- Coming home from work early on Summer days and jumping straight into the lido in Valentines Park. It was demolished by the council because they said they couldn't afford a few grand to repair some cracks.
- I used to live in Ilford from 1956-60 having moved there from Goodmayes, just off Valentines Park with its great cricket ground. Lynn Road - the home of Ilford F.C., a homely stadium with the home palyers in blue & white hooped shirts - where are they now?
- Edward Terry Secondhand Books
- The Worst things are the way peoeple call it essex even though its in Greater london IE why is barkingside which is in Ilford in the greater london categrey and the ilford in the essex one if this is the case why is croydon not in the surrey one, and enfeild in the middlesex. Please some one make the ammendment
- Valentines Park
- Valentines is a beautiful park. People locally and from abroad comment in this way. I hope it will remain so. The cafe could do with a revamp, and become a little more modern and continental, or in some way more stylish. Lets all do our part in keeping it clean and safe. If you are a foreigner just make sure that you dont get locked in at night, as the gates are shut fast!
- The new Waterstone's shop, the first decent bookshop (not including the decent second-hand ones) to open in East London outside of the City/Docklands/Uni areas. A mix of the Romford Essex stuff (cheap to live in, lots of pubs/shops), with some East London character (a bit rough on the edges but with a bit more stlye).
- How much more pleasant and civilised Ilford (including Gants Hill, Barkingside, Claybury, etc) is than any of the areas that surround it.
- Accessabilty of nearby retail hotspots such as Ilford, Romford and Walthamstow
- Saturday night dances at Ilford townhall
- C & A
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sc, Jennifer Driscoll, Tracy, gez160, Patrick Linsley, lorna gowers, Katy, Rob Poyton, jack cunningham, Blanche, Jus, Joey A, phil williams, Bex, Rod Cove, Avi Hoddes, Tom Short, ROZ GEDDES, Natja Robertson, Alex Webster, Geoff Gregory, David Mason, brim, Glynn Kosky, anthony Stone, Stew Mott, Ivan brown, David Upton, michael hepworth, John Hicks, cat, lee simm, adam, Steve Aukett, Dermot Buckley, becca, Paul Berwick, JO , Steve Palmer, Tony Brown, Robin Froumin, Tony Billings, Aaa, pat little, les herbert, Mel, Bob Pickett, Lisa, dan, Gabrielle, James Harrison, Pammy, Donald Andrew, James knewstub, pete mansfield, Mick Cooper, Dawn, Sonail, Paul Ardley, steve warner, Dominic Heaney, generic, adil, Ian, ROY TYZACK, Danielson, Debbie, frank bailey, John Savage, Philip L, gary, Nigel R, cliff jones, David Dean, Stephanie, quan carlos, cliff, David Lampshire, ALF JONES, Eileen Brinkworth, barry gray, John, jeff, Paul Franklyn, Steve
Last updated: 2008-03-08
More stuff about Ilford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ilford Knowhere Board