Cheap Food in Ilford, Essex*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Ilford.
- chicken cottage big it up
- yes chicken cottage with its wide selection of haLAL foods is well worht a treat, wraps, salads, rice, lamb ribs, and not to foregt great tasting peri peri chicken
- co co noodle bar - japanese food is yummy there. though i would recommend you not order anything from the fish menu.
- Just wanted to let you know the Galayca Restaurant in Ilford has changed hands. The lovely people than ran it for eleven years have sold it and moved on. I understand the new owners will be running an Italian restaurant there.
- Luigi's in beehive lane has to be one of the best
- SEVENKINGS McDONALD'S.... hi to all my chums who i work with!!!!
- I can't believe nobody's mentioned Galayca restaurant on the one way system, just up from Sainsbury's - lovely little family-run place does a wicked lasagne. Philestines!
- Sea Pearl, a Chinese on Cranbrook Road.
- Jakes opposite Seven Kings station is known for serving enormous square-shaped burgers which are at one and the same time the least healthy and the most appetising anywhere. On Friday and Saturday nights it attracts a lot of pub chuck-outs (in the past I was one of these).
- The jalabad seems to be under new management and has gone down hill.
- Try Chiquito's in Dagenham - it's worth the 10 minute drive for the lovely Mexican food. Apparently the Sea Pearl in Cranbrook Road does delicious Chinese Food.
- wWell theres plenty of new pubs opening up in Ilford but unfortunatly none with pool tables. there is the valentine however but the fat northern bloke is a right merchant banker, and will bar you for talking farting or maybe even drinking in there. The best Pubs are the KGV this is a proper pub with good east end types and the horns is usally good for a scrap you could mistake it for being in Corn Beef city (Dagenham sorry dagenhamites). other than that you have the cranbrook for the whino types or eastsides and the new yates for the posey types.
- Maloncho Indian Restaurant in Chadwell Heath is great. I only wish I was still in the UK to enjoy it...
- for the best chicken burgers (and I mean proper chicken) go to the takeaway next to the valentine pub in gants hill
- Chichen Shish highly recommended from SeaWorld in Horns Road.
- The best curry house in Ilford is the Jalalabad in Ilford Lane. Medium priced (£7-£12 for starter & main meal). Blinding naan breads, and a decent Jalfrezi. Also sells nice large bottles of Cobra to wash it all down. Opens till 1am at weekeneds.
- I liked a cafe in the Exchange where they had Afternoon Cream Tea.
- One restaurant: Hi Tide, also a chippy take away. Plenty of fast food choice; Maccy D's, KFC, Perfect Chicken, Dannys pie 'n' mash, plus more
- Jahalabad's Indian restaurant comes highly recommened also many internation take away and eat-in choices in Ilford Lane
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sc, Jennifer Driscoll, Tracy, gez160, Patrick Linsley, lorna gowers, Katy, Rob Poyton, jack cunningham, Blanche, Jus, Joey A, phil williams, Bex, Rod Cove, Avi Hoddes, Tom Short, ROZ GEDDES, Natja Robertson, Alex Webster, Geoff Gregory, David Mason, brim, Glynn Kosky, anthony Stone, Stew Mott, Ivan brown, David Upton, michael hepworth, John Hicks, cat, lee simm, adam, Steve Aukett, Dermot Buckley, becca, Paul Berwick, JO , Steve Palmer, Tony Brown, Robin Froumin, Tony Billings, Aaa, pat little, les herbert, Mel, Bob Pickett, Lisa, dan, Gabrielle, James Harrison, Pammy, Donald Andrew, James knewstub, pete mansfield, Mick Cooper, Dawn, Sonail, Paul Ardley, steve warner, Dominic Heaney, generic, adil, Ian, ROY TYZACK, Danielson, Debbie, frank bailey, John Savage, Philip L, gary, Nigel R, cliff jones, David Dean, Stephanie, quan carlos, cliff, David Lampshire, ALF JONES, Eileen Brinkworth, barry gray, John, jeff, Paul Franklyn, Steve
Last updated: 2008-03-08
More stuff about Ilford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ilford Knowhere Board