Cinemas in Ilford, Essex*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Ilford.
- they closed down newbury park odeon to build cineworld on Clements Road near ilford library, fairly new still. its cool, i often go there if i can't be bothered to go all the way to stratford picture house or romford.
- The best cinema ever outside the west end had to be the Gants Hill Odeon. I used to go when I was a small lad when it was just one screen. It was also perfectly situated next to the greatest pub ever, The Valentine, with the best barstaff, many of which were my friends. To all the people who called for it to be demolished I say a plague on all your houses.
- No decent cinema in Ilford since odeon demolished and i went to ilford cineworld once and i got mugged by a gang of 30 youths. South woodford odeon is small but nice and romford cinema is wicked.
- The Odeon at gants hill has gone, rumoured to be turning into a mosque
A new complex opened up down by the library - looks like they have tried to copy the Brewery in romford
- It now has a town centre cinema, in fact two as one is a Asian one. Vry close to Ilford railway station and lots of buses paas by 366,167, 169,179,145 and others.
- Cine World has just opened, its massive. Odeon in Gants hill is gone, squatters had a massive party there - really pissed off the council - was quite funny.
- Ilford is getting a tiny bit better in the entertainment area.. but the cine world is pokey!!
- Gants Hill Odeon is known even by those who like it as a fleapit, but don't worry those of you who like more than just Bollywood movies, they're building a new multiplex between the multi-storey car park and the library.
- Only one really. The odeon in gants hill. its a good cinema.
- Go to Dagenham Warner Village cinema - it's clean, comfortable, big, has parking, clean toilets, couple of nice restuarants nearby. Don't bother with the Odeon, it doesn't compare.
- When it opened in the sixties (Heroes Of Telemark with Kirk Douglas was the first film shown there I think) the Odean at gants Hill was the biggest cinema in the UK.
- Personally, I think the Gants Hill Odeon is great. London has been following the trend of throwing up these big multiplex cinemas, which may offer more choice but definitely take the style out of the event. But the Odeon still has an itimate yet classy feel about it in comparison to the afore mentioned. I'll prefer to watch my films there any day. And I am not some old bag here, take it from me a young american living in iford.
- not one in the town centre, but 6-screen (i think) Odeon by Gants Hill Tube Station which is OK but not outstanding, but as its the only cinema for miles around it's difficult to complain too much...
- Regal Cinema in the Ilford High Road , Saturday Morning pictures for the Kids back in the 50's Free Cinema ticket on your birthday , half a choc ice for 3d Stage shows and competitions ( before the days of the big screen.
- Gants Hill Odeon is the nearest (5 minutes), but it's worth the 15 minute ride to either UCI in Lee Valley or Warner Bros on the A13 in Dagenham
- about 3 Cinema's and a further 4 cinema complexes are each about 5 miles outside of Ilford. Ilford's original Cinema is now the Island (music venue)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sc, Jennifer Driscoll, Tracy, gez160, Patrick Linsley, lorna gowers, Katy, Rob Poyton, jack cunningham, Blanche, Jus, Joey A, phil williams, Bex, Rod Cove, Avi Hoddes, Tom Short, ROZ GEDDES, Natja Robertson, Alex Webster, Geoff Gregory, David Mason, brim, Glynn Kosky, anthony Stone, Stew Mott, Ivan brown, David Upton, michael hepworth, John Hicks, cat, lee simm, adam, Steve Aukett, Dermot Buckley, becca, Paul Berwick, JO , Steve Palmer, Tony Brown, Robin Froumin, Tony Billings, Aaa, pat little, les herbert, Mel, Bob Pickett, Lisa, dan, Gabrielle, James Harrison, Pammy, Donald Andrew, James knewstub, pete mansfield, Mick Cooper, Dawn, Sonail, Paul Ardley, steve warner, Dominic Heaney, generic, adil, Ian, ROY TYZACK, Danielson, Debbie, frank bailey, John Savage, Philip L, gary, Nigel R, cliff jones, David Dean, Stephanie, quan carlos, cliff, David Lampshire, ALF JONES, Eileen Brinkworth, barry gray, John, jeff, Paul Franklyn, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Ilford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ilford Knowhere Board