Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Ilford, Essex*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Ilford.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- shout room at the top
- The Ilford Palais changed its name and frontage many times, however it was originally opened in the 1920's and still has the original Parquee Hardwood Dance Floor and was always a Dance Hall with Ballroom Dancing and National Events held there until the late sixties when it became a 'Disco' and then later a Night Club.
- Desis from downtown who change there attire altogether when dancing on the floor, a cool look overall but whats with the aaaaahu bud bud accent mate? and please use a nice gel rather than grease
- liquid bar just outside ilford near that cheap lidl food shop
- Room at the Top Ilford and the Green Gate Newbury Park, used to love the basket meals and the stupid competitions.
- Clubs in Ilford - Jumpin Jaks provided the best free entertainment I've had in a long time. Great staff, good drinks offers and brilliant entertainment on stage. Thanks Ilford.
- As a huge fan of mature women, I have to say that Magnum's is THE place to be on a Saturday night. Any other recommendations? No, didn't think so.
- 5th Avenue (formally the pallais) became "The Venue" oppersite the "Island" both got closed down due to shootings! Now both are pubs that close before 12
- Jumping Jaks... i big must if your into cheesy pop from the 80s 90s and now!!!
Ths Shannon Centre.. oh dear!! have to hand it to them.. cheap drinks!!!
- Starlight. Also known as Masters. Grab a granny, but then I'm grateful for that.
- Kings (in Seven Kings) was a brilliant club, but they knocked it down to build a nasty "supermarket" called Aldi, which sells tins of watery baked beans for 4p and other european foods with labels in foreign languages. Kings was a great club for goths and other misfits. Upstairs was Lacy Lady, a superb disco for all the Shazzas. Ahh, memories.
Thank god the Island stopped their horrible ravey/jungle/garage all-nighters. I used to live around the corner, and had to put up with scum bags pissing in my front garden at 3am. Not to mention the poor bouncer who got shot and killed. Did they ever catch the murderer? No. Even though there's a police station next door, AND a plain-clothed police officer happened to be secretly filming when it happened. I moved house shortly after that.
- The all time club of ilford is the Venue, its ok but i prefer the clubs in Romford like Time&Envy.
- The Island used to be the best! Also been to the Venue a few times, I thought the place wasn't bad until my bag got stolen one time, and the next time (the other week, beginning of October) my boyfriend got chucked out and punched by the bouncers for no reason, leaving me stranded there by myself not knowing where he was. Incidentally, the three other people we met down Casualty had also had probs with the bouncers that night. When you can't rely on the security to keep you safe, is it worth going? And yes, alot of the people there look like they're only recently out of nappies.......
- 5th - now the Venue - is part of growing up in Ilford - everyone who's grown up in Ilford has been there at one point or other - everyone has a memory of it. Worth going, just for the experience. Has "remarkably young patrons", who seem to have the most fun.
- Try Romford which is Nearby it has 'Time & Envy', 'Hollywoods' & 'Jaks'
- Oh come on... 5th (oh what ever it's called now) was crap when I used to go, I doubt it can be any better now. Check out the hogs head, good beer and no music, then move on to O'neils...
- The Venue - I know everyone slags it down but some top nights have been had there. A right pulling place if that the kind of night your looking for or a laugh with the girlies/blokes. Advisable to drink lots - you won't notice the 16 years olds that way! Saturday night's if your over 18 are better than Friday's. GARAGE ISM a night run on a Saturday at the moment is very good - the music is superb and there are loads of PA's and MC's over the previous month. Examples to come are 22nd Jan - Ramsey & Fen, 29th - The Artful Dodger.
- the venue a.k.a "5th" is a pile of cak, and frequented by people who would be better off at home studying for their gcse...You should only go there if 1) you're broke, or 2)you're very pissed and dont care where you end up being sick
- To all you Ballroom and Lating American dancers. Good spot is Thursday evening at Wanstead House. 7.30 - 8.30
lesson, then 8.30 till 10.30 Social dancing.
- Cellar Club Little Ilford Lane
- Magnums (previously Room at the Top and then later The Penthouse)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sc, Jennifer Driscoll, Tracy, gez160, Patrick Linsley, lorna gowers, Katy, Rob Poyton, jack cunningham, Blanche, Jus, Joey A, phil williams, Bex, Rod Cove, Avi Hoddes, Tom Short, ROZ GEDDES, Natja Robertson, Alex Webster, Geoff Gregory, David Mason, brim, Glynn Kosky, anthony Stone, Stew Mott, Ivan brown, David Upton, michael hepworth, John Hicks, cat, lee simm, adam, Steve Aukett, Dermot Buckley, becca, Paul Berwick, JO , Steve Palmer, Tony Brown, Robin Froumin, Tony Billings, Aaa, pat little, les herbert, Mel, Bob Pickett, Lisa, dan, Gabrielle, James Harrison, Pammy, Donald Andrew, James knewstub, pete mansfield, Mick Cooper, Dawn, Sonail, Paul Ardley, steve warner, Dominic Heaney, generic, adil, Ian, ROY TYZACK, Danielson, Debbie, frank bailey, John Savage, Philip L, gary, Nigel R, cliff jones, David Dean, Stephanie, quan carlos, cliff, David Lampshire, ALF JONES, Eileen Brinkworth, barry gray, John, jeff, Paul Franklyn, Steve
Last updated: 2008-05-07
More stuff about Ilford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ilford Knowhere Board