The Best Things in Islington, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Islington.
The Best Things
- Highbury Fields and the Victoria line.
- The bars and restaurants. No 73 bus.
- Arsenal FC. The best football team the country has ever seen.
- Upper Street and Angel have a great atmosphere in the evenings and you can meet some loevly people. There is a great mix of pubs, restaurants and clubs to meet everyones needs.
- None. I move out to Hertfordshire.
- The diversity of the place!! you really cant see it anywhere else, goths get on the same bus as raggas, trendies leave the hippies (for the most part) alone. You can blend in or stand out as much as you like and not many people will bat an eyelid
- the parks
- reasonable friendly atmosphere.
the gallipoli restaurants in upper street.
flashback & reckless records.
- My neighbours not complaining bout loud music......(not yet anyway)
- The Taxi drivers in Islington are pretty chatty.
- Garden squares are all open to the public, unlike Notting Hill, for example. Thai food and bluegrass Monday night at the Hemingford. I've never been, so I don't know if it's good, but there's a flotation tank place on Liverpool Road.
- Vibrant and mixed culture. Any face will fit.
- Food, Drink, mix of people, atmosphere - zone 1 but very few 'tourists' to get in your way
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael, percy the pissed penguin, anita, Leslie, Dank, Rebecca Coleman, m3ta4r, david andrew, Ros, j, Faith, Jon Homer, Lorraine kelly, k, Frida Licious, Paul, Fraudster, madeleine maccallum, tommy hopper, noel headon, Adrian, Louise, generic, vik, Geo, granarygoth, sarah mennell, sabrina
Last updated: 2012-08-07
More stuff about Islington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Islington Knowhere Board