Live Music Venues in Islington, Greater London*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Islington.
Live Music Venues
- Hope and Anchor often have a few good bands. The venue always sounds great too. Just a shame Bugbear Bookings charge so much for entry most nights as it kind of kills the atmosphere.
Union Chapel is a must go music venue. Free entry often times.
- Hope and Anchor usually has live music. It's kinda dingy, but it has this incredible atmosphere about it.
- Filthy MacNasty's, 68 Amwell Street, EC1 1UU
Wine bar - playing jazz, blues; funk, house
- Can't remember the name right now, but it's next door to the Vue (cinema), in the N1 shopping centre, never been so don't know it's door policy.
- Hope & Anchor Pub, Corner of Upper Street and Park Street.
Buffalo Bar, Basement of the Cock Tavern, outside Highbury & Islington tube station.
The Garage, Holloway Road, close to Highbury & Islington Tube
- the islington academy @ the angel is tres kl, occasionally has good music
- The Purple Turtle is actually in Camden ..
- Purple Turtle, great music! friendly people, stand up comedy, open mic nights just a good laugh
- the marquee
- the garage in highbury and islington.
the new marquee club [co-owned by dave stewart] - conceived as an "industrial moulin rouge".
the embassey bar in essex road - they play records don't they, on a sunday night.
- street corner at the market
- Hope & Anchor, Upper Street.
harage, Highbruy Corner
- Open mic night upstairs in Moriarty's on Liverpool Road on Wednesday evening.
- Garage II at Highbury Corner
- The Garage, Union Chapel, The Scala - major venues listed free at discover-islington.co.uk but check out the local listings in the Highbury & Islington Express, the Islington Gazette and Time Out
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael, percy the pissed penguin, anita, Leslie, Dank, Rebecca Coleman, m3ta4r, david andrew, Ros, j, Faith, Jon Homer, Lorraine kelly, k, Frida Licious, Paul, Fraudster, madeleine maccallum, tommy hopper, noel headon, Adrian, Louise, generic, vik, Geo, granarygoth, sarah mennell, sabrina
Last updated: 2010-06-03
More stuff about Islington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Islington Knowhere Board