The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Islington.
- Tufnell Park Tavern is the latest re-incarnation of Tufnells, which has had an appalling history of closures. Now taken over by Home Made Pubs, which is an independantish chain! It is expensive but really nice and just what the area needed. Drinks are good - interesting wines, two well kept ales. Decent beer garden.
- the carling academy...is dark...
- The Mitre (Upper Street) - gorgeous barmen, cheap drinks, great atmosphere.
O'Neils and The Walkabout (Upper Street) - great if you want a boogie. Brilliant music and a very happy enthusiastic atmosphere!
- Purle Turtle on essex road for a drunken giggle with cockney rebels (sorry most not so cockney) The Angel, to get wan*ered with out taking out a bank loan,
- Check out new pub on Liverpool Road "The Barnsbury". We went after reviews on London Eating website and had a great meal/evening. Definitely worth a mention on yr pages.
- duchess of kent
- bar and dining rooms - on the corner of essex road and st peters street. excellent service and food. sunday lunch comes in huge portions. [020 7704 8789]
the narrowboat - pub by the canal [020 7288 9821]
the york - football pub, don't even think about going there if you are not into footy [020 7713 1835].
the medicine bar - bizarre door policy on a fri/sat night, pricey drinks but a good atmos.
matt and matts - friendly chaps who run a bar midway between angel and highbury, on upper street.
purple turtle and embassey bar on essex road.
- A new pub has appeared in Upper St! The Royal Mail is now the Jorene Celeste. The name may be familiar to people as there is also one in Kentish Town. The decor has changed from a dingey carpeted smelly pub to a clean place with wooden floors, paintings on cream walls and a huge selection of spirits and liquers behind the bar!! (lovely)
Food is reasonably priced and the chef is a favourite of Upper St (he Used to be the chef in Le Mercury).
Location: opposite the firestation
- wetherspoons at the angel,,,,,cheap cheap cheap
- PUBS.....there more like theatres with a bar, OH and the local park bench in Canonbury Villas, where the wino's hang out.
- The Purple Turtle, Ideal if you like your pubs to have that 'Rough and Ready' feel to them. Bikers, Goths, Bums, Punks and Retro-Rebels welcome.
- plenty of pubs all over. The best spot for a pub crawl you'll ever find. Generally a 20-something clientele, with loud music and food served nearly everywhere.
- Biggest choice in London - you're bound to find somewhere - try going a bit further down away from the Angel along upper St and Essex Rd.
- 25CANONBURYLANE - IN CANONBURY LANE! - IS A NEW COCKTAIL-ISH BAR THATS JUST OPENED AND DESERVES A MENTION. IT'S RUN INDEPENDENTLY, SO ITS NOT YET ANOTHER THEME PUB CLUTTERING UP ISLINGTON. ITS REALLY NICELY DONE UP, ALTHOUGH IT IS VERY SMALL, SO YOU HAVE TO GET THERE EARLY TO GET A DECENT TABLE..SPACE ETC.
AND THEY DO FOOD IN THE LUNCHTIMES!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael, percy the pissed penguin, anita, Leslie, Dank, Rebecca Coleman, m3ta4r, david andrew, Ros, j, Faith, Jon Homer, Lorraine kelly, k, Frida Licious, Paul, Fraudster, madeleine maccallum, tommy hopper, noel headon, Adrian, Louise, generic, vik, Geo, granarygoth, sarah mennell, sabrina
Last updated: 2010-06-03
More stuff about Islington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Islington Knowhere Board