The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Islington, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Islington.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- The Improv Shows on Thursdays at 7:30 at The Florence Pub (Florence Street behind the Shell petrol station on Upper Street) The performers are super funny and they hang out with the audience after the show. It's a really fun scene, with a very young and trendy audience. Everyone gets into it. And it doesn't matter if you've never been before because you automatically feel as if you belong. I highly recommend checking it out!
- Iwas born in Camden Passage in 1943 probably one of the few babies born there in the last 100 years. Iwas born at no.28.I1943 the shop below our house, now called 'The living quarters' I suppose. the shop was a key cutters and pram and bicycle repair shop. Uncle Jim cut keys, put spokes in bikes and prams. Of course we had real prams then, not buggies.And all the time Uncle Jim would tap dance on the board he had positioned at the counter. as he was too short to serve or even see customers.Hkept spares and old bits of metal in the cellar. in order to see when he went down there he bored a hole in the shop floor and lowered a bulb through. the cellar was really spooky, and right at the end ran an open sewer with different coloured rats swimming about. as children we played down there by the light of Uncle Jims bulb, and my Mother never knew about the rats until we moved in 1963, when part of the roof fell in on my bed. This is just one of many memories I have of Camden Passage.I hope to share more with you if I may, later on.
- the best kebab shop, sparks- essex road, angel kebab-essex road.
the best shops cause they sell u drink most shops along upper street
- pretty good for drinks on a saturday night out.
- eeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr, dont know
- O'Neills pub -best drink and venue!
- If you plan on visiting London Islington is a grat place to stay with all types of accommodation to suite your budget and decent places to eat and drink. Transport is excellent by tube and bus - Routemasters into the West End in 20 mins. Accommodation details available free of charge on our website (no other organisation offers this London information for free)on www.discover-islington.co.uk
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael, percy the pissed penguin, anita, Leslie, Dank, Rebecca Coleman, m3ta4r, david andrew, Ros, j, Faith, Jon Homer, Lorraine kelly, k, Frida Licious, Paul, Fraudster, madeleine maccallum, tommy hopper, noel headon, Adrian, Louise, generic, vik, Geo, granarygoth, sarah mennell, sabrina
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Islington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Islington Knowhere Board