The Worst Things in Islington, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Islington.
The Worst Things
- The Useless Labour Council, who have run Islington longer than any other Political Party and have create more social & economic deprivation in the area. Islington Council are a bunch of lying con-artists who know how to squander money on useless projects.
- Police name teenager stabbed to death on his bike in Islington (Islinton Gazette, 28 February 2015): 'Police believe the victim was with friends heading up Caledonian Road, near the junction with Copenhagen Street, Islington, when the group were attacked by three men heading in the opposite direction at about 7.30pm.
The teenager, who is from Islington, managed to continue cycling for a short distance after the assault, but soon collapsed and was later pronounced dead at the scene from a single stab wound.
The suspects made off, continuing south down Caledonian Road, and are thought to have stolen two of the groupâ€™s bikes.'
- *To other people, Islington comes across as being posh - IT IS NOT. It has high social deprivation issues.
Almost half of the people have health conditions and are literally basket cases. The place is full of greasy "chicken n chip" shops. There is gum on the streets alongside people who believe that they have the god given right to harass you for money every single day of the week. On top of that, there is a lack of personal hygiene and constant spiting plus the streets are filthy and trashy.
It is not the fault of the bin men, they do a good job. It is just the filthy low class people that live here. And dare I mention, the annoying idiotic men who pester you in the streets. I CANT WAIT TO GET OUT -
- Dog shit. Arsenal. People who jump bus queues. Lazy, useless bastards at the council.
- Upper Street drinking yobs on the weekend
- The Australians. There are hundreds of them seeping out of every sewer in the borough, crowing about how everything costs the equivalent of 50p back in their utopian beachland, and how happy they are that they'll be able to buy a 10,000 acre farm when they get back with the money they've saved from working in the pub.
- there are no 14 yr olds
- Now and again you get the weirdo who decides to follow you up and down Upper Street.
- Islington luvvies taking their kids to Pizza Express and being told to "express yourself darling" whilst leaving tomato ketchup all over the nicely polished windows.
New-man luvvie-type husbands with three babies strapped to their chest, back and head.
Islington is the only place where babies are allowed to scream and scream to an apparently deaf Mother. Warning - having one as your next door neighbour can do your head in.
- Upper street high bank on a saturday, theres alway some do good group with 50 or so people trying to get you to sign/buy/care about something and if 1 dont get you theres always the other 49 waiting....
- the police
- the rude bookseller hawking books in camden passage on a sunday - one of the biggest w***kers i have ever had displeasure to meet.
- The miserable sods that work at Angel station. Ł3.60 an hour written all over their faces, not surprising they don't give a toss if you've lost your ticket and have to pay a fine.
- Upper Street on Friday and Saturday nights. Being in a hurry anywhere near Chapel Market/Sainsburys – strictly 1mph speed limit.
- The influx of new money, thinking they've discovered Islington. This has always been a varied community, embracing all cultures. Since the yuppie invasion you can feel like you are impinging on pre-booked pavement space, especially come summer
- Litter, traffic trying to get served on a Sat night.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michael, percy the pissed penguin, anita, Leslie, Dank, Rebecca Coleman, m3ta4r, david andrew, Ros, j, Faith, Jon Homer, Lorraine kelly, k, Frida Licious, Paul, Fraudster, madeleine maccallum, tommy hopper, noel headon, Adrian, Louise, generic, vik, Geo, granarygoth, sarah mennell, sabrina
Last updated: 2015-02-28
More stuff about Islington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Islington Knowhere Board