Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Kennington, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Kennington.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Harry Harmer, the biographer of Martin Luther King and the British radical Tom Paine, lived in Kennington for many year - in Hurley Road, Oakden Street and Walcot Square.
- Mike Skinner of 'The Streets' lives in Stockwell.
- Location of Richard and Judy production studios
- Jack Straw lives near Oval station - hence the protests all the time.
Vincent Van Gogh lived on Hackford Road, nr Oval - not Kennington Road, (hence blue plaque on wall of Hackford Road)
Will Self lives off South Lambeth Road
Jonathan Aitken lives in a small flat in kennington, as did his did his daughter Victoria until she tired of being mugged all the time (give the mugger a prize)
Tory shadow Home Secretary Oliver Letwin also lves in Kennington, where he famously invited in someone to use his toilet - the man robbed his house!
- Charlie Chaplin
Vincent Van Gogh
- Craig Charles lived in Kennington for ages (right under my nose and I never knew!!)
Also Vincent Van Gogh lived briefly in Kennington lane
- Charlie Chaplin
- Almost John Major - (Cleaver Square). Paddy Ashdown (Methley Street). Maria Aitken (?Kennington Road). The guy who tipped water all over John Prescott at an awards ceremony - Kennington Road. Craig Charles off Red Dwarf, .......
- Tony Benn
- Maria Aitkin, James Callaghan, Paddy Ashdown, Jack Straw.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jimmy Mac, Trader Hank, James MacLeod, Stefan, Lesley, largepiece, szczelkun, nickp, christian stanley, Karl Roche, Tony Cantlay, Michael and Kim, Cathy, Ali Mehmet, lindsay, Robert Shaw, Phil Manfield, Nicola Six, trevor lee, Daniel McGarrigle, Anthony Cox, corina c, generic, Doug Morley
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Kennington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kennington Knowhere Board