Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Kennington.
- Thai Silk and the Painted Heron (posh nosh british Indian) bth ggod for relaxing summer evenings in the Triangle courtyard
- The Dog House in Kennington has been under new management since christmas and has a fantastic new chef. Great things are happening here. Thought you should know about it!!!
- Newly re-opened (Dec 2004) pub/restaurant:
46-48 Kennington Park Road SE11 4RS
(opposite St Mary Newington church)
Mansion House offers an extensive menu including pizzas, plus a board of daily specials and desserts.
Nine starters ranging from Soup of the Day at £ 1.95 to Giant mussels cooked in a choice of white wine and tomato or a cream and herb sauce for £ 3.95.
Seven dishes ranging from Bangers & Mash (Cumberland sausages with creamy mashed potatoes, red wine and onion gravy) at £ 4.95 to Braised Shoulder of Lamb (Slow baked until it falls off the bone, served with salad and potatoes) at £ 7.50.
A choice of beef, flame-grilled chicken breast, vegetable or lamb, served in a floured bap, garnished with salad and served with chips at £ 5.95.
Choice of Aberdeen Angus chargrilled T-Bone (16oz+), Sirloin (10oz+) or Fillet (8oz+) from £ 10.95 to £ 14.95, all served with a choice of new potatoes or chips, fresh vegetables or salad and French onions, and a peppered, chasseur, red wine and onion, or Madeira sauce.
- Been to the Station Grill several times, and each time I've been blown away by how good it was! excellent value for money, superb food, fab wines in the list and the music fits, all topped off by freindly informative service. 10/10
- The Station Grill has just had a radical revamp and has just reopened in January 2000.
- The ship can sell quite tasty roasts and Bar Room BAr. La finca is a snotty snooty rip off place and i hate it.
- TAI WON MEIN -- NOODEL HOUSE eat in or take away
14 Walworth Road. SE 17. phone 0171 277 1338, (elephant roundabout) Open 7 days, 11.30am -11pm --Noodel or rice dish about £3 50--
- Ghandi's, Kennington Road.
- the kebab shop on Clapham Road has the best chips... chicken kebabs are alright too
- Ghandis - Indian resturant that has been living off the fact that John Major once popped in to get pissed after a test match at the Oval. Perhaps its post-modern irony?
- The Station Grill is a pretty good restaurant. Quirky and good value, it's opposite Kennington Tube on Braganza Street.
- The Finca: Tapas bar, good drinks, reasonable food.
- Cafe Jeune, on the road to Stockwell for up market nosherie.
- "Mr Liu" is THE best Chinese takeaway food I've ever had.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jimmy Mac, Trader Hank, James MacLeod, Stefan, Lesley, largepiece, szczelkun, nickp, christian stanley, Karl Roche, Tony Cantlay, Michael and Kim, Cathy, Ali Mehmet, lindsay, Robert Shaw, Phil Manfield, Nicola Six, trevor lee, Daniel McGarrigle, Anthony Cox, corina c, generic, Doug Morley
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Kennington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kennington Knowhere Board