Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Kennington.
- The Ritzy shows good independent fare
- The old bingo hall/evangleist church is being renovated. Please, please turn it back into a cinema and not another office/luxury flats.
- A bit off subject, but I want to get the disused old Cinema / Gala Bingo / Former Church etc Hall on Kennington Road, Black Prince Road junction, open again. Agents are : J.J.Gallagher (0121 7666789). Some nice community use, young people ? Ideas please. To Gallaghers !!!
- The Ritzy down the road in Brixton - easily the best selection of films in London
- The coronet in elephant seems to have closed down and is now boarded up.
- The nearest is Elephant and Castle. Go in the winter and chances are the heating won't be working, but they will let you in for half price. Loads of room and a huge screen. Do pretty much what (who) you want, no seems to care!
- Elephant & Castle "Coronet", typical pre-war fleapit. If you've only ever been to a multiplex then you have to got, it's great. Only Screen 1 is any good, the 2 & 3 are poxy small efforts and you're better watching the film on video. But Screen 1 is huge and the seating is so raked you can sit in the front couple of rows for that "entire-field-of-vision" view, without getting a stiff neck. The sound is good too. And it's really cheap on Monday nights.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jimmy Mac, Trader Hank, James MacLeod, Stefan, Lesley, largepiece, szczelkun, nickp, christian stanley, Karl Roche, Tony Cantlay, Michael and Kim, Cathy, Ali Mehmet, lindsay, Robert Shaw, Phil Manfield, Nicola Six, trevor lee, Daniel McGarrigle, Anthony Cox, corina c, generic, Doug Morley
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Kennington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kennington Knowhere Board