The Worst Things in Kennington, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Kennington.
The Worst Things
- Police sirens heading between North Lambeth police station and Brixton/Elephant & Castle
- Too many smackheads wandering around.
The takeaways are all crap.
- The street roberies. That turning off Kennington Lane where all the drug addict kids wait to rob women of their mobile phones coming from the tube station. The lifts in my block constatntly failing. The council. The schools ie, Lilian Baylis (this place should be levelled due to under funding and discraceful condition). Anne Widocombe talking too loud and generally enjoying her own noise when you're trying to eat your curry at the Tandori.
- Crime and noise from aircraft and sirens
- Having Elephant & Castle to the north (that AWFUL excuse for a shopping centre)
& Brixton to the south
- Non-resident "residents" who quit ghastly-but-convenient Kennington as early as possible on Fridays for their "real" homes in pleasant places elsewhere and don't return to convenient-but-ghastly Kennington until as late as possible on Mondays
- Nothing actually there.
- the leering boys in the kebab shop
- The youthful heroin addicts that keep robbing us.
- High-rise housing
- Casa Pizza House
- That pseudo Irish Pub.
- The ever so unfriendly staff in the most ironically named store in the world "Costcutters".
- That bloody awful "Balloon ride" down towards Vauxhall, how the hell did it ever get planning permission?
- Anne Widdecombe
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jimmy Mac, Trader Hank, James MacLeod, Stefan, Lesley, largepiece, szczelkun, nickp, christian stanley, Karl Roche, Tony Cantlay, Michael and Kim, Cathy, Ali Mehmet, lindsay, Robert Shaw, Phil Manfield, Nicola Six, trevor lee, Daniel McGarrigle, Anthony Cox, corina c, generic, Doug Morley
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Kennington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kennington Knowhere Board