The Best Things in Kentish Town, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Kentish Town.
The Best Things
- Lady Margaret Road and Leverton Street
- B&S diy/hardware shop...crammed with everything you could ever need
Thameslink trains (go to Brighton! Gatwick! Luton!)
Silverlink trains (Richmond to North Woolwich...14 mins to Hackney)
the Owl Bookshop...an independent bookshop! Support it!
The Free-range/Organic butchersand fishmongers (great sausages)
fruit and veg stalls
paradise foods, next door to the Oxfam
being close to camden and to Hampstead Heath
close to the canal too
- getting the bus outta there.
- Busy, always open, near the parks and canals
- all and sundry that live there..
- Forum Tally Ho, the peeps my mates maccy ds camden is a short walk away everybody who lives there
- THE BEST THINGS IN KENTISH TOWN IS THE SMACK AND CRACK IF THATS WAT UR IN TO (PERSONALLY I DONT TOUCH THE SHIT) BUT THE DEALERS AVE ALL WAYS DONE SUCH A ROARING TRADE IN KENTISH, UNTOLD KIDS ON IT,PUSHING IT OR JUST MUGGING U 4 IT. II'D SAY DEFINATLEY THE DRUGS ARE THE MOST POPULAR THINGS TO DO AND BUY.
- Sun bed's at Lady Rio's...clean, well-ventilated stand up's and best value in London at £1 per 2 mins.
First Class Massage (Royal College Street, under camden road train station) if you enjoy non-therapeutic massages.
The Italian delicatessen and organic foodstores on Brecknock road (camden road end)
- Kinghts of the Empire
- A Great place to live, with the best selection of decent pubs in any one street
I've ever seen. Load's of good eats and shops also from Kentish Town station
15 mins walk too Camden market or 15 mins walk up past the Forum to Hampstead heath.
What more could you want.
- The Vultures Perch, The Grafton
- the best thing about kentish town has to be the (now sadly gone) rainbow centre, which was a church...mad people, mad parties, and altogether a fantastic place to hang out. unfortunately, it got a bit nasty and so it was reclaimed by the council and everyone booted out...but when it was alive it had such an atmosphere :)
- Camden feels only a short walk if you love it, but can also feel a long walk if you hate it.
- Its unpretentiousness. It's Camden without the endless leather shops and hordes of euro-teenagers. It has real shops selling real things. And, thank God, no New Age crap to be seen.
- Doubt there is a anything that could be qualified as "best stuff" around Kentish Town.
- The Guiness.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: John Stevenson, Kentish taahn gangsta, Douglas Grierson, Max Christian, rtertyert, martin, Victoria Bradley, jim heath, christopher fowler, jim, wienerboy, leslie, Damon Levin, jane, claire, Becky, G. Howard, heather, sinead, generic, Clare, Jon B, Gary, David Redfern, AGI, Nebula, angie b, Fergus Murray, Jon Budd, Edsac, brian, Chris Pressler, graham, Theo, sharon snook, bertie fish, Ray, Steve Evans, Robert Parr, Jon, Alice Martin, Mark David, Dude, Mr R Bodley, Stuart Low, CAROLINE, tom rennell, Lorraine Kelly, Andy, Lisa Turner
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Kentish Town
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kentish Town Knowhere Board