Cheap Food in Kentish Town, Greater London*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Kentish Town.
- Cafe Bintang is great because you can take your own alcohol!
- Eatzone noodle bar on Fortess Rd, in fact most of the places on Fortess Road look like you'd get a decent cheap meal in them...and is the Hari Krishna van still delivering free hot vegan food to whoever wants it at the bottom of Islip St every lunch time?
- blue Moon every time
- Pane Vino (Italian, good, hope you like garlic)
Le Pitit Prince (North African, couscous dishes)
- The Vine (Fortess Rd) does great food - but it's not cheap...Mind you MaccyD's is down the road if you're a pleb or teenager
- MC DONALDS ITS GOTTA BE THE BEST PLACE 4 GRUB IN KENTISH TOWN, SO WAT IF PEOPLE DONT LIKE THE LOOK OF IT? IT AINT THE ELECTRIC OPENING DOORS THAT IM INTRESTED IN EATING, SO THERE.
- One good place to go for a bit of a South East Asian type food is the BINTANG
Malaysian down towards the Camden end of the Kentish Town Road excellent nosh and friendly
service (if a bit slow). They have a nice ground floor eating area although the decor is tacky
but who cares the food is keenly priced, Downstairs is another matter its a living hell of young
20 somthings who get the food over with ASAP then Drink and dance the night away
to the pumping music. So take your pick, I know where I'll be.
- Bengal Lancer - In a head to head with Knights of the Empire, I'd be hard pushed to declare a clear winner. However, the Bengals Sunday Special of half price curries puts the top of the range Hallibad Prize (or whatever it's called) within financial reach - a venerable Kentish Town treat.
- Top curry home delivery from the Curry centre next door to the Tufnell Park Tube.
- Pane Vino is great stuff, if a bit pricey. On the High St.
- Knights of the Empire, directly across from the tube provides a cracking Chicken Madras.
- The best of Speciality food is available from Kentish Fare Producers and stockists. Please phone Kentish Fare for details on locally produced products at 01622-221928
- Try chicagos in Fortess road
- Saint Etienne do a little song about a cafe in Kentish Town (I think it must be Flapjack's cafe cause the lettering in the window is the same as the lettering to So Tough)
[But] The name of the cafe in Kentish Town is Mario's cafe (unsurprisingly, 'cos that's what the song is called!!!) and not Flapjacks. Turn off Kentish Town Road by The Castle pub and there it is.
- The Thai cafe on Fortess Road. Don't be put off by its exterior. The food is excellent.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: John Stevenson, Kentish taahn gangsta, Douglas Grierson, Max Christian, rtertyert, martin, Victoria Bradley, jim heath, christopher fowler, jim, wienerboy, leslie, Damon Levin, jane, claire, Becky, G. Howard, heather, sinead, generic, Clare, Jon B, Gary, David Redfern, AGI, Nebula, angie b, Bike house, Fergus Murray, Jon Budd, Edsac, brian, Chris Pressler, graham, Theo, sharon snook, bertie fish, Ray, Steve Evans, Robert Parr, Jon, Alice Martin, Mark David, Dude, Mr R Bodley, Stuart Low, CAROLINE, tom rennell, Lorraine Kelly, Andy, Lisa Turner
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Kentish Town
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kentish Town Knowhere Board