The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Kentish Town, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Kentish Town.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- The man who invented Coronation Street lived in Kentish Town. Tony Warren would sit on the floor of the Tally Ho pub and write away. Lots of the characters in the pub were models for the shows characters, not Manchester.
- Cash Converters at the far end of Kentish Town used to be Kentish Town West tube station. You are able to see that the architecture of Kentish Town tube station and the now, Cash Convertors is exactly the same.
- Advice For Visitors:
1. Always visit cashpoint in daylight
2. Be indoors when the pubs turn out
- I would like to let all you out there know hat Rio's is a place that I have recentley visited with a freind and my first impresions were that it was a very relaxed place to be after a bad day at work and the nudity dosent bother you because everyone else there is in the nude so you just get on with it i would defintley go agin and the jacuzi's are the bubbliest I have ever seen.
I Highly recomended if you want to try something diffrent
- Rio's...You can get very good therapeutic massages (the real thing),
and have a good relaxing time. It's a little strange at first, but As far as I can figure out there's not too much strange going on here!! (please tell me if there is!!!!) p.s don't feel intimidated by the naturist part...most people wear trunks
- ought to be a mention of the excellent organic meat & fish shop
near the tube station... damn, forgot the name.
And the Owl bookshop is a good place to chill out on a sunday if you can avoid
buying too many books.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: John Stevenson, Kentish taahn gangsta, Douglas Grierson, Max Christian, rtertyert, martin, Victoria Bradley, jim heath, christopher fowler, jim, wienerboy, leslie, Damon Levin, jane, claire, Becky, G. Howard, heather, sinead, generic, Clare, Jon B, Gary, David Redfern, AGI, Nebula, angie b, Bike house, Fergus Murray, Jon Budd, Edsac, brian, Chris Pressler, graham, Theo, sharon snook, bertie fish, Ray, Steve Evans, Robert Parr, Jon, Alice Martin, Mark David, Dude, Mr R Bodley, Stuart Low, CAROLINE, tom rennell, Lorraine Kelly, Andy, Lisa Turner
Last updated: 2011-03-13
More stuff about Kentish Town
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kentish Town Knowhere Board