The Best Things in Kilburn, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Kilburn.
The Best Things
- it is a very diverse place,when you've lived there a long time and you see past the druggies and low lifes, there is something nice about it..it is fairly safe, parks, transport
- Lots of cheap shops, which have a good range of goods. Also, you can (if you're quick) buy copied DVD's from the high street via the sellers with white blankets. Never seen any real crime. Kilburn now has the BIGGEST GRAFFITTI 'piece' in the UK :- Seriously. Just outside Kilburn Tube (bottom of Shoot Up Hill.
- The Salusbery
Closeness to central London
The Trellick Tower - Great if you live in it, Horrible if you live outside. Come on, how cool would it be to say that you live in a modern castle?
Queens Park itself.
Hilton food store - always open.
Fantastic chip shop near the chippenham pub.
- My family and friends are all round there!
- the bowls at westbourne,
- There's a been a few bad writeups on this. All I can say is it may be a bit grimy, but it's still a vibrant community, cheap, friendly and there's not too much trouble on the streets. You can get to other parts of London easily and there's loads of places to go drinking.
- Brilliant transport links to and from Central London, so it's handy if you fancy heading in to town. People are generally friendly (cause they're usually pissed), and the kebab shop is open 'till 2am. You genuinly feel like you live in a city. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you...
- Making all the scams of the day up! and making a couple of pound, while downing a big pint of guinness.
- Queens Park on a summer evening.
- Paddington Recreation Ground for the odd late evening smoocher.
- Best cheap area in Central/West London, improving all the time. Easy to get places. Down to earth residents and not too much tension on the streets.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jenny, roy william higgins, Des, vikas, Matthew Rigg, Nick, Adam, P.!, Jo Stack, tricia cussen, Thurstan, Paddy Roddy, Neil, Rob, Hugh Morrison, Stephanos, ghpb, vic, James, generic, Leslie Bailey, bratty, Kerri, Nikesh Solanki
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Kilburn
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kilburn Knowhere Board