Pubs in Kings Lynn, Norfolk*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Kings Lynn.
- The Dray And Horses Tottenhill Kings Lynn. Bar food, sunday lunches, live music, DJs.
- Crown & Mitre for real ale and good cooked (no frozen or prepared) meals. Traditional pub keeping traditional hours, no jukebox - gaming machines - Sky TV - just a traditional pub with tradional values.
- The New Inn
- Tudor Rose Hotel - small pub, new owner, different vibe so give them a chance
- Loads of pubs, little ones with character like the Porterhouse on London Road, trendy watering holes run by chains, like the Globe (packed every weekend) and Chicagos.
- um hogs head and the woolpack somewhere
- the wenns!! best pub in town! like a proper local, decent ppl decent music decent prices! It also has a pool table which half the pubs in lynn seem to forget...i mean how could they it's a staple of pub life! It's also away from the globe and all that jazz so you don't tend to walk out an have to avoid loads of chavs about!
- CHECK OUT THE LOCAL YOUNG BANDS AT THE 1ST "ROCKSCHOOL LIVE" TO BE HELD AT "ZOOTS" ON 27TH DEC 2005. "VANILLA POD" WILL BE HEADLINING. TEL IAIN 07850 700370 FOR MORE INFO. CHECKOUT WWW.ROCKSCHOOLLIVE.COM
- like a bitta vodka
- The Globe on Tuesday Market Place seems to be wiping out nearby pubs: beer surprisingly clean for a Wetherspoon's and nice garden. The Lattice House is another W only a street away. Ouse SC on Ferry Lane has the best range of beer in town, but you'll need a member to invite you in.
Further out, the Queen's Arms on London Road serves clean Elgoods (local-ish brewery); the Wildfowler isn't a bad chain pub (Wizard Inns?); and the Black Horse in Castle Rising seems to alternate between great and ghastly.
- Wenns, bedtime children please.
- Wenns, bedtime children please.
- hogs head for cheap cheap monday nights, the Globe for fans of standing up shouting at ppl and generally vbeing miserbale, lattice house for sitting and cheap, The Wens for old skool niceness
- Crown and Mitre, good range of ales in great condition, mostly non-smoking.
- WENNS. GLOBE IS ALWAYS PACKED. HOGSHEAD IS ALRIGHT. MAIDES HEAD ON TUESDAY MARKET PLACE, THE LATTICE, OLD TUDOR PLACE CHEAP DRINKS! CHICAGOS ATTRACTS THE ER OLDER CROWDS. LORD KELVIN. THERE ARE A FEW OTHERS.
- Wenns used to be home from home-not so sure anymore!! perhaps i'm too old
- HOUSE ON THE GREEN, SOUTH WOOTTON LING COMMON ROAD! BRILLIANT!
- The Globe - I love this pub, its a Whetherspoons but its massive and has the best beer garde I've ever been to.
The lattice is nice, the Hogs is a bit trendy and the Wenns is for the more alternative crowd
- harvester, that cool pub on the grange, were becoming scarily predictable as we go there on friday and saterdays every week, without fail
- Don't ever go into a pub in King's Lynn if you have some dignity and wish to retain it and you value your two front teeth.
- Hog's head - great pub - student hang out
Globe hotel - classiest pub in town
Lattice house - very cheap drinks - very crowded
Orange house - more cheap drinks - very popular
Dr Thirsty's - extortionate price - also very popular
Fenman - just opposite the train stations - brilliant pub - i always stop there for a quick drink when i go out
Lord Kelvin - for god's sake just don't do it.
- Startin from the youngest crowd. Hogs head 16-19!Lattice 17-20! Globe 18 up. Thirstys 18 up.orange house 18 to 65!!Chicagos depends on nite Monday and sunday students 18 to 23 other nites 21 and up quite a youngish crowd though
- yer right. all for the old men stinkin of smoke
- For a good selection of wines head to the new Downey's on tower street. Comfy chairs and jazz make it my favourite place for a girl's night out. Handy for a quick drink after the cinema too. Attracts a slighly different crowd than most of the other bars in King's Lynn.
- Undoubtedly the best pub is The Jenyns in Denver on a sunday night in the summer, when all the young people from town go over The Jenyns, theres a DJ and beer garden lookin on to a river, top atmosphere and cheap drinks.
Dr thirstys has a good atmosphere and attracts a youngish crowd, we always go i there when we r out and during the day, also Lloyds No 1 (the globe) is quality, although best in the summer, massive beer garden that goes right down to the quay and cheap drinks.
- Now we have 2 Weatherspoons; the lattice house and the globe!
- The Wens
- October 2002: Lynn now has 2 Wetherspoon's- The Globe (a Lloyd's no.1) and The Lattice House. Get talking to Ken if you go in here (the best guide to Lynn).
The short-lived Admiral's Tap is now a Thai restaurant. The Tudor Rose does the best real ale in town but is about as lively as a morgue. Nobody goes in the Mayde's any more, no doubt it'll close down soon and be bought by Tim Martin like the rest of the town.
- The Fenman (opposite the station) is great if you want a good pint in a victorian atmosphere. The Wenns is more lively. Also the Hob in the Well on Gaywood Road is OK if you want a gay night out. (locally known as the Nob in the Well)
- Crossways in Vallengers Road, real local pub, real ale Greene King IPA the best in town and music football etc.
The White Horse in Gaywood. A real Man's pub, huge telly for sport, great Landlord, commentary better than Alan Green! cheap real ale, and lots of choice. Not a Ladies pub! but they are always welcome. No trouble ever in 8 years of drinking there.
Lattice House is a Wetherspoons pub now. So is the Globe Hotel due to re-open soon.
- Dr thirstys and Chicagoes are the better ones of lynn, but if u want a laugh at the very fresh faced crowd go in the kelvin or the princess (dont be surprised if u see ur 12yr old baby brother tho!)
- THE WENNS , THE LATTICE , THE GLOBE
AND FOR A BIT OF LYNN THATS NOT QUITE LYNN THEN IT HAS TO BE ANTNIOS WINE BAR A GREAT PLACE
- The 'Red Cat' @ North Wootton, If its still going?? It was great
The Porterhouse, Greene King at its absolute best.
- "The Lattice house" and "The Globe" are now pub's that have be bought by large investers of pub's... after working at "The Globe" for long enough... yes, it's cheap, but, unless you asked for a Sauna at the bar... it's a bloody hot place...
- The Ouse Boose doesnt shut until the real early hours (ie 4am) but its hidden next to the river and you need to be a member!
- lots of em seven sisters woolpack wildfowler well theres loads just look around ul find opne
- lattice house!
- The new Chicago's is Ace, certyainly the place to be!!!!
- pubs are great places to get hit for no reason at all in kings lynn, doormen are idiots ( shock!) young crowd all with a n attitude..if u r there in the evening then you deserve all you get
- The hogs head a very modern style pub not the smae old faces appear a good night out
- Hogshead a modern bar which will welcome new faces
- Rock cafe !!! norfolk street
- Lattice still shut (Jan 2000) - bloody disgrace
- I heard the Lattice was re-opening in October
- Leave town and use the villges for a better,cheaper and non punch in the month pint
- The Lattice House has been bought by some faceless national pub chain and is currently closed (Feb99)
- My favourite pub, The Red Cat, my brother and I have spent a few hours holding up the bar, There is also another one that I used to go to when living there, The North Star, on my many visits home I havae never revisited this pub.But did like the Globe, my younger brother used to be a Chef there.
- The Hogshead (oft referred to as "The Pig's Dick") in the High Street, opposite Debenhams - a fine array of real ales and Belgian beers (not that
I mean to intimate that Belgian beer isn't real) and does nice grub too, but it is a little like drinking in an aircraft hangar and the toilets seem to be situated about three hundred feet up and above the Wenns. Take a large bladder ... and a large wallet if you want to fill and empty
that bladder several times.
Doctor Thirstys (not-quite-so-oft referred to as "Dr Nastys") in Norfolk Street - in what used to be "Spoils" kitchen reject shop - nicer atmosphere
than The Pig's Dick but the selection of ales is poor by comparison. Mind you, it has some totally excellent "mobile scenery" for the lads to look at
whilst quenching the thirst and the bogs are in the same county.
The Woolpack on the corner of Tennyson Avenue and Gaywood Road (once in use as Stephen Fry's local when he was at College) serves a really well-kept
pint and lovely pub grub. Close-coupled lav to hand and the atmosphere is nice a friendly .. both in the lav and the pub itself. More of a local
than a "kewl" place to sup, it's a great place to be at the end of terms/years at College, after Exams at College and at special times like
when they have live bands and at Christmas etc.
I am also told that "The Hob in the Well" is a good gathering place for those who like their bread buttered on the other side, but I don't frequent the place and have never even been in it, and I like my bread buttered normally, so I could be being lied to. It is, however, fairly oft referred to as "The Knob in the Gob" by many
local folk I know, so maybe its reputation is deserved.
- Good pubs
- Wenns - on Saturday Market Place at the end of High Street
- Maydens Heade - Tuesday Market Square
- The Globe - Ditto.... oops sorry this place just burnt down 19/01/96. Must have been one helluva party %->
But it's open again now [Autumn 96]
- Tudor Rose - St. Nicholas Street, just off Tuesday Market Place (lots of real ale)
- Lattice House - Chaple Street, (Ditto)
- Approx 90 others if your stag night is long enough.
- A little further afield
- The Gate at Middleton (Fairgreen side of Middleton)
- Knight's Hill (a148/a149 junction)
- The Black Horse at Castle Rising
- Jeynyns Arms at Denver Sluice near Downham Market The Crown at Marham (if you like drinking with RAF squaddies from the base up the road).
- Too many to mention, just drive around you are bound to find one, the Lattice House is where I have heard most about!
- Try "The Hogshead" on the High Street, opposite Debenhams as a good watering hole.
- Hogs head, Admirals Tap and Doctor thirstys
- The London Porterhouse, Best beer in the world.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Emma Cohen and Sean Hooke, John Mills, laura, daniel gent, Wendy O'Briety, martin, ________, kate, alex, linz, Vicky Hepburn, Slym, vickie, lazy Sundays, Chris Seymour, Northerner, carl witley, john wilcox, Tom, Martyn, Cam, Mr A.Local, nick house, Helen Southam, Lou, Jonny C, Uma, Russ Standring, Becky (shorty), Leni Hester, iain wetherell, Chris POpe, Alexander.email@example.com, Charlton, Bazil Figura, cameron philips, Duncan, Jamie Tansley, Peter, Gary Carter, john archer, LEE, B.Lavender, Stuart Nikolas, poppy bunting, Jamie, patrick kennedy, Jimmy, Gibson, Lauren, steve wilson, ben, OLLY, Spend, victoria, Kayleigh, Matt Bingham, SPENCER PARSONS, Lynn Howard, Sigryn, Serge, lAURENCE O'GRADY, Dan, ken, stefan talbot, Mark Whisler, Helena, R. Standing, MJR, beautiful freak, al, Rachel Penniston, Juergen, Stork, Me, simple, MARK WHITING, keely edwards, dave, Star, Nobby, Fred jenkins, Avril Balkeen, John Grove, rastus muldoon, Paul, jane lee, julian g, claire cooper, bex, anon, tym page, Tony, ebony black, Samuel Chapman, dan foreman, Paul Richardson, Norfolk Boy, DII LINCOLN, GavB, lissy, Bill, stewart, john, rob Courtney, TheBorg, Steve Twin, Helen, ryuu-do, sam, Rudi Boboshivo, Polly, Jade T, generic, John Beck, robert holmes, Jane Matthews, Ian, david tupper, Fay Purdy, Pete Kitchen, Sue Skinner, becky, becky shorting, lynnboy, charlie, Rob, Jennie Coventry, Ed, kayla
Last updated: 2010-04-11
More stuff about Kings Lynn
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kings Lynn Knowhere Board