Skateboarding Spots in Kingswinford, West Midlands*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Kingswinford.
- right so nowadays there are alot less places really but I will name a few
- prince albert - this is my favourite spot of all time - its just sucha good spot. It has a ledge that about 2 curbs high but gets higher and ends up about 4 curbs high. It has angle coping on the edge and is about 10-12 foot long - t'is a reet beauty. It also has a wall that is about a ft high but drops to about 2.5ft high so its alrite - nice grass gap to mix with it too
- precent - the pre has 2 manual pads and some walls really. The one manual pad is short and the other is quite nice - about 12-14 ft long so its a good distance. The walls are more bmx'y to be fair tho.
Himley ledge - the himley ledge can be seen when on top of the 256 double decker just after the himley house hotel. Its about 4.5 ft high (if I am good at estimating that is) and ok it is just a drop but its quite smooth and fun.
I would love to say all the other carparks that there are but there aint anymore really.
The Kingswinford pub gap - some nice gaps on the k'ford pub carpark.
Trading Estate - Always spots on there - just look for them.
Secret Mini Ramp - This is the secret mini ramp situated at a friends house. Only his friends can skate it and its a good laugh.
Hope this has helped and if you see me shout 'BREWER' tara www.gnargore.tk
- at the moment i would say to go to ramparts sk8park under multi story car park
stourbridge.or go to belle vue school wordsley it has some rad steps and rails
but if someone comes verry unlikely coz i sk8 there all the time just go quietly.
- park by on the high street at the back of the youth centre.
- Well to be hounest there aint hardly anywhere to skate in Wall Heath or around there but I will name some spots:
1. Prince Albert Car Park in Wall Heath. It has a nice wall to jump off and a gr8 ledge that has metal on the edge making it easy to grind and also go off. The only problem is, is that this guy called dean comes out at ya, jus hurl abuse at him thats what we do.
2. Wall Heath Precent. To be hounest theres nout there, theres a manual pad, curbs (waxed) everywhere. The only time it is really good is when we get stuff but it always ends up bein broken or lost. But some of the things we have got in the past include, Rails, Home made ramps, crates (that u can grind) and more.
3. There is this nice bench jus by the Prince Albert.
4. K'ford precent only problem is "kevs", "trendys" are there alot, and Gypsys even make the odd apperence n screw u about.
5. Safeway Carpark stallings lane. This is an ace sk8spot there aint even much there. There is this nice wall that u can flip off or whatever, this small island that you can use as a lip. And a REAL nice waxed curb. It aint jus a gr8 sk8 spot, good atmosphere.
6. Moss Grove Surgery. This was an alrite sk8spot good for flat ground n grindin curbs, now its shit.
7. Stourbridge by the market. This is ok, jus a nice lil 4 set.
8. Stourbridge multistory. This place is apparently real good I aint been but I have heard it is real good.
9. Mcdonalds K'ford. This is ok. OK bein the word.
10. Wolvo Skatepark (new outdoor 1). I LOVE THIS PARK. That sk8park is the shit. I have been going for about 3 months but recently there has been alot of trouble my friend n I nearly got mugged there (which involved my m8 nearly gettin stabbed). Try it out but I would wait till its calmed down a bit.
11. Warped Sk8park Wolvo. This is the indoor park. To be hounest its a good park jus its mainly for bladers. (my opinion)
12. Bromsgrove outdoor sk8park. This is also a real good park, weird layout though. There is a skateshop jus down the road from it called Revert. Go its worth the travel.
13. Epic Skatepark Birmingham. This is a REAL good sk8 but for me its a real long way to go and takes ages so I aint a regular, but if u can go as much as u can it is really good. They have, sessions, demo's, pro contests, amature demo's etc. Geoof Rowley and the Vans team have made an apperence there b4 (thats jus one of many teams that have been there)
- Check out mcdonalds and the kford pub these spots rule- also sadley the spinny is no more it has been tor down to build houses.
- by the dell stadium there's a little halfpipe made of STEEL METAL.
- Dawley Brook School has some nice banks and is beautifully smooth. Just jump the gate and you're skating!
Also, the Doctors Surgery, unless the pigs bust you!
The BMXers go down the spinney!! Never been myself but apparently good!!!
Most boaders go to Safeway carpark, however this gets tedious!!! Only curbs and little jumps n stuff!
The doctors survey has a couple of gaps and places to slide! Nothing special!
Outside youth club, there is a three step!!
Outside Drews there a two benches!
In the Presinct there are a few things!
Go somewhere else!!!!!
- Kingswinford Park is cool for skateboarding
- Safeways carpark.
- At the back of the youth centre a half pipe or a skateboard track is meant to be built
- Zebra ramp.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Al Jackson, phil, Dave Fox, a mazed, Matt, JimJ, mervyn hunt, Mat Danks, jason friend, Donna Thompson, Shalkar, bam, Paul Baker, me, DAVID ROWLEY, James Rousell, generic, St, ray eames, AGConsulting, dave jeavons, Steve Walters, Natalie, tom, Plumb, Laura, steve, JACK CAREY, Holly, steve george, Twister Records, Nyall Monkton, LIAM HAYES, Clive, Steve Rich, andy haden, Tereshitaa, Roger Allen, Tjahh, Martin Deeley, Craig North, Mick Nott, James Brewer, Kevin Parker, Darren Presdee, bob, John Hackett
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Kingswinford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kingswinford Knowhere Board