The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Kirkwall.
- the motor hoose and the wild west are the best. Go to the wild west if you actually want to speak to the party your with, but if your jist wanting to get shit faced and dont care bout loud music go to any of these: the motor hoose, torvhaug, matchies and the bowling alley
- plenty o them, and they are crap and full of loud Orcadians shouting their heads off, not my idea of fun but everyone to their own.
- ferry Inn(what a babe) flattie, royal n sum kirkhole ones
- The motor hoose is good but can be very loud the ayres full o druggies and the georgian the torvoughs good if you enjoy sitting staring at everybody that comes in a giving them a good slagging
- Motor hoose and bothy are my faves. Reckon the torvaugh is to 'cliquey' but again, alright for one or two.
- My favourite is the Old Motor Hoose - friendly, reasonably priced, roomy, and a good atmosphere. Even the jukebox ain't bad. If you want a seat, get there earlyish at the weekends, but it's never too busy mid week. Food available during the day, but I can't really comment on that, as I just go for the drinking.
- plenty. Ayre-quiet but excellent pool table and cosy.Motor Hoose-very intimate and loud-buzzing at weekends. Torvaug-loud and always mobbed and everyone totally ratarsed.St Ola-young crowd and i mean very young but decor a bit cheap.
Bothy bar very cosy and traditional with excellent beers.
- The Ayre Hotel. Nice plce. Lovely big open fire too.
- You can get as pissed in a Kirkwall pub as in any other pub anywhere.(Test Result)
- Motor Hoose, Torvhaug, St. Ola, Wild West and Bothy are all pretty good. Avoid the Georgian.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Robert Buckley, shr00m, Brammah, Ross Foubister, Tom, Kristina Miller, Jade, Lynn, Josh McG, amused local, cruiser, Graham, generic, Mike Wright, MARK FERGUSON, jimik
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Kirkwall
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Kirkwall Knowhere Board