Pubs in Lakenheath, Suffolk*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Lakenheath.
- Nothing of any note. Mildenhall is better (just).
- the half moon will be re-opening with new faces behind the bar and in the kitchen and has plans for a brand new menu and a re-furb so it will be well worth a look from may 07.
- the cromwell has shut down now and the plough is the place to be on a weekend they have kareoke and disco's quite frequently
- The Cromwell in the High Street has been taken over by Chris Rickard. Although originally from Willesden, we are still trying to find the person responsible for letting him out, he has lived, worked and drank in Brandon for more years than anyone can remember. As a 'local' (No League of Gentlemen prejudice here) he has set out a long term ambition to restore the pub to its former glory.
Pre-eminent is to welcome new and old customers alike and to serve a good pint.
- please update the information you have on lakenheath pubs and remove the comment on the cromwell inn if you have nothing good to say, say nothing, in a court of the law the comments made could be deemed as slander!! as far as your information is correct the cromwell is a family run pub and has been for over 9 years, the second longest record in the history of lakenheath!!! food is good homecooked tradional pub grub at fair prices please amend you data asap as this is now my 3rd e mail to you!
- the cromwell now managed by local lad James serving delicous homecooked food also with a mexican menu ( all homecooked) forget the old stigma give it a try whats there to lose?? you wont be dissapointed!!
- There is a varied selection of pubs in lakenheath all with very different crowds, on the opinion of "the less said the better of the cromwell", it is the only pub to continually survive with the same landlord for the past 9 years seeing through the hard times of sept11 which caused the local trade to dry up, well done the good folk for sticking with it throgh good and bad, its nice to see a REAL pub last!!!(allthough the others chop and change frequently!! also great food!!(sunday roast for only a fiver bargain!!)
- we suggest you try again at The Half Moon pub Lakenheath as it is now the best pub in the area,not only for the beer etc but the food is excellent, under the new landlord Rupert Sandells
- The Plough: Was nice, Now attracts just the American population.
The Cromwell: Less said the better
The Tap: Nice family pub full of locals
The Half Moon: Hmmmmmmm Nah !!!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: m.j.sandells, cafe tiere, Chris Taylor, laney, Mark Ellis, Neil Skippings, generic, Laura, georgina guy, toni, kayleigh hawkins, Georgie, Charlton, Dan
Last updated: 2015-02-10
More stuff about Lakenheath
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lakenheath Knowhere Board