Demolish It Now Building in Lancaster, Lancashire*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Lancaster.
Demolish It Now Building
- The bus depot flats. To me they look like they are designed to float off down the river lune in the next flood. >Taxi driver .. examples of outsiders comments. "Washed up prison ship".. "should have a sign saying Portakabin" .. "OMG!!! who left that on there?" a Maltese man said to me that there is a few illegal immigrant detension ships in Valletta harbour that are almost identical to that building.
- the new carbuncle on kingsway - jeez - how ugly can a building be?
- The Police Station. A monstrosity in architecture and its full of police
- The police station.
- St Nic's arcade should be replaced. Its shit and scummy, the only decent thing you can buy in there are condoms and stationary.
- The new flats near the Town Hall that block the view of the Town Hall clock. Fantastic town planning.
- The empty Cinema, has become Lancaster's biggestpublic toilet and general eyesore.
- The truly horrible new cinema.. which looks like it will ever open !
- the millenium bridge
- rylands .......i once passed it and someone had written in huge letters on the side of a house "welcome to little chicago" sums it all up eh ......the only place i know where you can get robbed and go for a coffee to a neighbouring house and your stuff is staring you in the face, give its residents a break and re house them in decent houses something with character not stigma the people of lancaster have so much character about time the powers that be (still in need of a demonstration of that power) gave back something to their people, something that will give them a little dignity back that as far as i can see has been stripped from them in favour of large belly's red noses (even in autum and winter but i do beleive the amber necter can give you the glowing effect)and not to forget the fringe benefits only for the privilaged of course, the people of lancaster are genuine friendly people who would do anything for a mate what you call sound as a pound and i would argue the toss with anyone who says differently.
- The Market Hall built around 1992 is totally devoid of the atmosphere that pervaded the old market which it replaced. The 'arty' artifacts on the walls completely fail to convey any meaning.
Only worse are the large blue pylons of the Millennium Bridge. They project into a view of the lofty Priory which featured in pictures by Turner and others.
- Lancaster University, That tower block at St Martins and Heysham 1&2 power stations
- I love Lancaster far too much to make any such suggestion!
- The Gala Bingo place next to the ABC cinema.
- Most of the university.
- without a doubt what was the kingsway baths.
- The White Cross waterside public house.
The canal side student hostel.
- Mitre House. Makes the poor depressed sould at the DHSS or the Job Centre even more depressed.
- Most of the concrete-jungle that is Lancaster University. Actually it's not that bad - needs more trees though
- Ryelands Housing Estate after 9 years of Lancaster City Councils labour controlled management of the Estate resulted in the replacement of approx 250 tenants on housing benefit in the period, The Estate totals 75% receiving housing benefit. Of the top five issues which residents feel are a problem are play facilities 62% Traffic 49% Drug taking 47% Vandalism 38% Disturbance from youths 37%. Give us a break!!! Councillors only the residents involved in drugs and crime would make those priorities!! DEMOLISH-IT NOW!!! and lets get some student housing sorted out.
- The warehouse - alistair
- Hurrah! Hurrah! The bus station has been flattened to make way for , erm, another bus station.
- The bus station. Come on, give it up!
- Police Station (with aerial on top)
- Lancaster's ugliest and most demolishable buildings, must include the tacky, Amercanised KFC, and nearby, a small covered car-sales place, which is now derelict. They are located next to beautiful Georgian-style buildings, and ruin the view towards the castle. Unfortunately, these are some of the first buildings to be seen when driving into the town.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Colin Rhoney, Andrew Crofts, prue, Paddy Garrigan, Pat Mac Mellow, koz, Gleeman, Mise, Dan, Mike Jackson, Feanor, rad, Joe, burt, mark romanowski, Claire, alex, Tom Chaldecott, laurence, Bob Kennedy, styl, Kerry, Concerned, Stu Eagles, John Clare, Jeremy Craddock, Alex Hibbitt, SANDRA HEWITT, steve, Nick, Ali Asgar Chandia, rob redpath, Erica, Richard, Paul Haworth, ViX, Daniel Large, Jeremy French, Mark Pickavant, chris, anon, bill, ads, alan outram, Resident, leon, normanwestern, Paddy, Stacy, Martin, Hazel Egan, Mark Braithwaite, Simon Dalby, Davey Die, Karl Mitchell, Simon Greaves (Fairfield Website), Dale, t, john, si, Helen, me, Jonathan, greg, Jack, Simon Greaves, John Bartram, generic, joanna, phil milston, Matthew Davies, Bill Bones, Mark, betti, Karin Jones, Rob McGowan, S Greaves, Looby, jimmy, Thom, Anna, liz atkinson, Hannah, Jon, Tim, Paul C. Roberts, Iain Robinson, billy, Gemma Hudson, Jon Dann
Last updated: 2012-01-19
More stuff about Lancaster
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lancaster Knowhere Board