Live Music Venues in Lancaster, Lancashire*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Lancaster.
Live Music Venues
- Yorkshire House...especially when 19ninetynine are playing. They seriously rock the place out.
- Ma Murphy's Irish Bar, Lines Street, Morecambe. Hosting battle of the bands. 1st prize worth £500. Any bands interested contact email@example.com or hand your info into Ma Murphy's. Heats on thur through Nov and the grand final 2nd Dec.
- The Yorky - gawd bless Kev & Ali!!
- Just want to say Liquid has picked up the ball, loads of people bag the place but since it's refit it's been pretty good, and now Friday's are awesome! They've got live local bands, they just had Charlotte from the Subways, they've got the Futureheads ina few weeks and the Holloways playing in March! who else is doing that? and no drinks were more than £2.50! had a great night just hope they keep it going.
- The Yorkshire House.
- Feedback promoters put gigs on at The Farmers Arms and The Yorkshire House. These range from indie to folk to electronica to art rock.
- The Sugarhouse, The Yorkshire House, and sometimes The Gregson.
- The Sugarhouse, The Yorkie, The Gregson, The Mill (Preston)
- yorkshire house is agood pub thats always got bands playing and you dont have to be over the usual age .
- For those of an alternative persuasion:
The Crypt has rock and metal nights on Mondays and Thursdays. It also has Basement Music on Tuesday nights which plays indie, old and new punk, hip hop, ska and lots more.
The Sugarhouse, in addition to Popscene on a Thursday night now has Rockscene playing heavier tracks in the backroom.
Kampus bar has a Pop/Rockscene warm-up with the DJ playing alternative music and lots of requests.
- Yorkshire House
Sometimes the Gregson
Sugar House has signed bands sometimes.
- Gregson, Sugarhouse, up at Lancaster University...
- yorkshire house...love it, i go to lancashire, but i find a place that's got my roots! Yorkshire Rules!!!
- The Yorkshire House on North Road local goth/rock/indie.
The Gregson Centre on Moorlane as above, but also some more "avat garde" music
The Sugar House club has upcoming/donggoing bands- probably better to go through to the Dome at Morecambe or save up for an evening in Manchester
- Free Live Music from local bands is great at Paddy Mulligans usualy several times a week. Also the Live and Unsigned Music Society hold free nights on Monday upstairs in Revolution, theres usualy a free buffet as well. the Best place for JAZZ and FOLK is the Old John O'Gaunt near market square, esp on sunday at lunch time.
- the bobbin n hounsy ptery
- Live jazz, etc. at the John O'Gaunt pub.
- Readers who are presently ignorant of it's existence are warmly advised to check out The Yorkshire House. Live bands most weekends, mainly playing original material, plus regular events such as the Spotlight Club, a cabaret event held every third friday of the month. The upstairs room had a capacity of one hundred and is often full up, so get down early. They also have a lovingly maintained website at www.yorkshirehouse.enta.net.
- definitely the Sugar House - a great place!!
- Sugar House - see above.
The Gregson Centre has comedy local bands making idiots of themselve and hippies are common.
- If you have a band, then hook up with other bands. Together you can put on band nights, hire out the upstairs of local pubs - that sort of thing. If the music co-op is still open that's the place to make contacts. And if you're a student, make friends with the local scene, that way you get a following with enough money to pay entrance and who won't go away in the summer.
- the Alex has been kitted out with a stage and band P.A., ctering to the alternative/rock side of things, full updates on the regular gigz being staged at
- the alex has live bands on and so does john o'gaunts, the uni sometimes has shit bands on.... and thats about it.
- Lancaster House housed a BBC-sponsored event. Good fun, but a bit small.
- See Clubs. Also visit Lancaster University. Has previously hosted The Smiths, Thompson Twins, Japan, etc. (all of which in my day)
- Absolute shite - don't come to Lancaster for this part of your life - the only time you get anyone up here is at the end of summer term at the University, when each college holds an extrav. DJ Lewis gets a gold star for the incredible set he played last year, everyone dancing on the roofs and rushing like bastards as the sun came up!!!
- The situation is improving as far as decent bands coming to Lancaster is concerned. With the Sugarhouse under new management, we've had Hawkwind, Carter, Echobelly, The Bluetones, & Cast in the last two terms and will be hosting Ash and Sleeper in the summer term. It's certainly a vast improvement on previous years, and it's sure to continue...
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Colin Rhoney, Andrew Crofts, prue, Paddy Garrigan, Pat Mac Mellow, koz, Gleeman, Mise, Dan, Mike Jackson, Feanor, rad, Joe, burt, mark romanowski, Claire, alex, Tom Chaldecott, laurence, Bob Kennedy, styl, Kerry, Concerned, Stu Eagles, John Clare, Jeremy Craddock, Alex Hibbitt, SANDRA HEWITT, steve, Nick, Ali Asgar Chandia, rob redpath, Erica, Richard, Paul Haworth, ViX, Daniel Large, Jeremy French, Mark Pickavant, chris, anon, bill, ads, alan outram, Resident, leon, normanwestern, Paddy, Stacy, Martin, Hazel Egan, Mark Braithwaite, Simon Dalby, Davey Die, Karl Mitchell, Simon Greaves (Fairfield Website), Dale, t, john, si, Helen, me, Jonathan, greg, Jack, Simon Greaves, John Bartram, generic, joanna, phil milston, Matthew Davies, Bill Bones, Mark, betti, Karin Jones, Rob McGowan, S Greaves, Looby, jimmy, Thom, Anna, liz atkinson, Hannah, Jon, Tim, Paul C. Roberts, Iain Robinson, billy, Gemma Hudson, Jon Dann
Last updated: 2010-09-19
More stuff about Lancaster
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lancaster Knowhere Board