The Worst Things in Lancaster, Lancashire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Lancaster.
The Worst Things
- The insane Traffic system. 1 extremely old Bridge in from Morecambe and the north a6, 1 supposed temporary bridge out.
- people who make racist rants about blades st and its occupants and then continue to make up complete alarmist bollocks about the music co-op - no its not going to be an asian centre
- Several "crews" who are constantly warring
- The other people.
- All that's missing is the tumbleweed....
- The people who look like they may have a drug problem, (but then every town has them).
- The smallness
- -Lousy bookshops, considering this is a University town.
-Service and attitude of the poorly trained barstaff in the Waterwitch. This is an overrated pretentious pub that sells overpriced food and doesn't give a damn about its customers.
- lancaster is full of crazy people
- The shopping centre. The council kncoked down the old market and replace it with loads of shop units, many of which are empty.
- You know everybody.
Lazy locals who would drive from their couch to the toilet and back if their house was big enough, then complain about the traffic and blame it on everyone else.
Local by-pass mad politics
- absolutely nothing
- Kevs. Tramps. Hippies. HMV. Liquid.
- The sense of community.
- Townie Pubs.
- The sad lot who sit on & around the the steps of the Museum
Skateboarders in Market Square
- Marsh and Ryelands, townys and the fact that there is always an excuse to go
shopping in Preston of Manchester.
- it rains and is cold. and its pretty small, bt that helps 'cos you get to know everyone.
- Rain + Wind. No big clubs. Lots of old-men pubs.
- The warehouse
- For a city, everyone seems to know everyone.
- Brooks (International Discotheque and Cheese Capital of the Universe). Crowd very youthful or lonely old piss artists.
- The Weather
- The rain, the trek from the bus stop to the train station over a hill, the Environmental Science course at Lancaster University (I left it after 4 months last year and I'm now studying stage management at the Welsh College of Music & Drama in Cardiff!), the lack of places to go at night, the cobbled street at the side of the SugarHouse (not good when you're drunk!), the distance from campus to town, the distance from Lancaster to civilisation... I could go on, but I won't...
- Terrible hold ups on the M6 on weekends and holidays. Local motorway service stations (pass them by, & get off the motorway, and find a pub!).
- Absolutely crap unless you're a student and surrounded by like minded people. I have a million brilliant memeories, but most occured within a two mile radius of campus.
- One way system through Lancaster is a pile of shite.
- The one way system (old town rumour has it that the designer was savaged to death by his guide dog shortly after it was finished).
- Not enough nightclubs.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Colin Rhoney, Andrew Crofts, prue, Paddy Garrigan, Pat Mac Mellow, koz, Gleeman, Mise, Dan, Mike Jackson, Feanor, rad, Joe, burt, mark romanowski, Claire, alex, Tom Chaldecott, laurence, Bob Kennedy, styl, Kerry, Concerned, Stu Eagles, John Clare, Jeremy Craddock, Alex Hibbitt, SANDRA HEWITT, steve, Nick, Ali Asgar Chandia, rob redpath, Erica, Richard, Paul Haworth, ViX, Daniel Large, Jeremy French, Mark Pickavant, chris, anon, bill, ads, alan outram, Resident, leon, normanwestern, Paddy, Stacy, Martin, Hazel Egan, Mark Braithwaite, Simon Dalby, Davey Die, Karl Mitchell, Simon Greaves (Fairfield Website), Dale, t, john, si, Helen, me, Jonathan, greg, Jack, Simon Greaves, John Bartram, generic, joanna, phil milston, Matthew Davies, Bill Bones, Mark, betti, Karin Jones, Rob McGowan, S Greaves, Looby, jimmy, Thom, Anna, liz atkinson, Hannah, Jon, Tim, Paul C. Roberts, Iain Robinson, billy, Gemma Hudson, Jon Dann
Last updated: 2012-01-19
More stuff about Lancaster
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Lancaster Knowhere Board