Record Shops in Leigh on Sea, Essex*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Leigh on Sea.
- LEIGH RECORDS ON THE LONDON ROAD IN LEIGH HAS BEEN THE TOP SECOND HAND AND COLLECTORS SHOP IN THE AREA FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS. IT HAS A FANTASTIC SELECTION OF L.Ps. AND C.Ds. AT BARGAIN PRICES. ALSO SOME SUPERB RARE VINYL. YOU CAN ALSO SELL OR EXCHANGE YOUR RECORDS AND CDs. THE SHOP SPECIALISES IN ROCK, JAZZ, SOUL, REGGAE, BLUES & DANCE MUSIC. GREAT SHOP AND SELECTION !!!!
- Fives. Nuff sed.
- Fives records is a must visit, the staff are very curteous and know there stuff, the manageress has 25 years experience and will always try to get what you want. oriel is a shop in recory grove but is very poor in camparison and only has narrow selection
- Only decent record shop is Fives records on Leigh Broadway, there is a cheap n cheerful shop called Oriel with a poor selection of second hand items but the place seems more interested in second hand books
- Fives record on Leigh Broadway is a great shop with friendly and very helpful staff.
- The only good record shop I know is Fives records on Leigh Broadway which has been there over 25 years. They recently moved premises for the better and changed management (not owner) which was a great move as it is no longer a seedy place but a bright welcoming shop with great staff who like to help.
- Fives records on Leigh Broadway is an excellent independent shop who always do there best to get what you want if it is not in stock. I dont know of any other good record shops locally and have lived here 28 years
- leigh records on the london road classy!
- yeah, the new fives is a pile of crap since the new management took over, there seems to be two older po-faced women, one with a little more po-faced than the other. the only original staff left is the young blonde, God knows how she puts up with them.
For a totally better experience, head around to petes shop, its not too far down the road.
- The new 'Fives' is bloody awful! It used to be a fantastic shop full of character and brillliant staff who could find you anything. The new staff are just plain 'bloody rude' and would be more at home working in Woolworths. Checked out Pete's new shop in Rectory Grove called 'Oriel Music' and it's cool, great bargains, loads of 2nd hand vinyl and some great music books new and old. He's also selling some great badges. This is going to be my new haunt for great music.
- Theres a little independent one called fives in the Broadway that is worth a look
- The new FIVES by the Wimpy is shite. Pete from Swindle made the old shop what it was with his genuine interest in his customers, his vast musical knowledge and his willingness to help out local talent.
The new regime is everything you don't want in a record store - po faced staff, (except the blonde girl who worked in the old Fives) and a manageress who is trained in avoiding eye contact who looks like she's been sucking lemons!
Bring back Pete!!
- No!!!! Pete and Tab have gone from Fives and it is now being run by miserable women who only know about chart music (Naff!)
Pete is now running his own cd and book shop in Rectory Grove and it's pretty cool.
- Fives has now moved and is further along leigh broadway than it was before.
About that alledged collection of 7" and 12" its true i have seen them.
- Fives on the Brodway is a very fine little record shop. Peter Eden on Rectory Grove also does a little selectionof old vinyl. V well worth a visit.
- Cracking second hand shop opposite St Clements Church
- Fives is the best and Tabitha is very helpful and friendly.
- Well what can I say...Fives Records in the Broadway. Purveyors of fine music...of most types..very friendly (Pete & Tab). Will get you almost anything (well almost)! Great Blues section. They have a massive stock of 7" & 12"s (over 20000 alegedly) not on the premises. Just ask.
- Fives is teh complete nuts!
And there is a shop on Rectory grove (second hand) that is great for Jazz
- fives is about it, cool tho.
- Fives. check it out
- Fives is great. The staff know their stuff, and it's a chart return shop, so if you wish to try and rid the charts of 'generic dance music with vocoders' or 'blandola identikit boybands' by buying something by someone with an ounce of talent, you might as well do it there.
- fives is the best place to go in Leigh Broadway, lots of records and cheap cds
- fives is pretty good for records, but a mite pricey
- Fives. The best record shop in southend (!)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: piggy dillon, Joe Brennan, Tracy, kelly, Vic, Jazzy J, simon, Ross, James Sirrell, Terry Bright, martin, Matt, Dave Colman, ian bull, Arthur Lee Smokes, crush, Al, dom, Dan Emmerson, James Burton, Charlotte, alex, Owen Williamson, Simon Butcher, Nick Pocock, angie, Robert Miller, Mark Longman, Soz, alan thoroghgood, dickie nowhere, Barry, steve, Nick, hollie, Richard Baxter, Karen, Emily, Liz, David, nathan, Halloween Jack, dick turpin, marie, Natalie Roberts, Mr.JonnyRoundtreez., Matt Nannery, sexy, Fred Westlife, Andrew K. Black, Sue Webb, peter j taylor, sunni, mike, Norman HOLDING, kerry smith, Alan Wordley, paul holmberg, jason reynolds, dc, Tony Pendrey, Lee Ellison, mark boardman, generic, Lorraine Bowen, Alex, cees veldmeijer, richard easter, louisa koutas, Wayne Kerr, Tim Dickens, ian reynolds, Hayley, F. Thomas, Alan Crisp, Janice Jones, Johnny Whelks, BOB REED, Jason, Lynda, molly, John, rhys, TD, Dominic Green, Andy, John Dickens, angela
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Leigh on Sea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Leigh on Sea Knowhere Board